PlusNet UserGroup Site and Forum Terms & Conditions
Last Modified February 21st 2006
By viewing or accessing the PlusNet Usergroup (“PUG” or “We” or “Us”) websites and forums, You expressly agree to the following terms and conditions detailed below.
Although PUG attempts to ensure that all information contained on this website is error-free, we accept no liability for omissions, and reserve the right to change or alter the content of the site at any time. PUG does not make any warranty that the website is free from infection from viruses; nor does any provider of content to the site or their respective agents make any warranty as to the results to be obtained from use of the site.
This site and its contents are provided "as is." We disclaim all warranties, express and implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability and of fitness for a particular purpose with respect to any information contained on, accessible through or derived by You from this site and with respect to any products or services purchased by You through this site. We likewise disclaim any and all liability to You arising out of interruption or damage to Your computer system or software as the result of accessing or otherwise using this site. We neither warrant nor represent that the services or information available through this site will enable You to achieve any particular result or outcome, legal economic, education, or otherwise. We will not be liable for any incidental, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages of any kind, including lost revenues, lost profits, or loss of data arising out of Your use of this site. In the event that any of the foregoing limitations and disclaimers is ineffective, You agree that We have no financial liability whatsoever in connection with Your access to this website and forums.
The laws of the United Kingdom govern these Terms and Conditions, without giving effect to conflict of laws provisions. The courts of the United Kingdom have exclusive jurisdiction over all disputes relating to or arising from the execution or performance of this agreement. In all judicial actions, arbitrations, or disputes resolution methods, the parties waive any punitive damages.
PUG accepts no responsibility for the links to or from its website and the inclusion of these links does not mean that PUG endorses the material or content of these sites.
Copyrights and Trademarks
This site as a whole is copyrighted as a collective work, and individual works appearing on or accessible through this site are likewise subject to copyright protection. You agree to honour the copyrights in this site (including the selection, coordination and arrangement of the contents of this site) and in the works available on or through this site. In addition, trademarks and tradedress belonging to Us or to third parties appear on this site or are accessible through this site. The fact that We have permitted You access to this site does not constitute authorization to reproduce such trademarks for any other purpose.
By submitting any material to Us, such as by posting a comment to a chat group or a bulletin board, or by sending Us an e-mail or other form of message, You are thereby granting Us a non-exclusive license to reproduce, display, distribute, modify and create derivative works from such material and to use such material and the fact of Your authorship of it for marketing purposes. We reserve the right to remove from the site material submitted by third parties.
Termination of Site and Site Access
We reserve the right to change the contents of this site or to discontinue it at any time, as well as the right to deny access to the site to any person whom we have reasonable grounds to believe may be using the site for an unlawful or unauthorized purpose or in a manner that may harm Us.
Your use of PUG websites and forums shall be in accordance with these conditions, which are non-negotiable.
You agree that You will not:
1. Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any content that You do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as for example, inside information, confidential or proprietary information gained or disclosed as a part of employment relationships, or under agreements of nondisclosure.
2. Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any content that in doing so infringes upon a trademark, patent, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any party.
3. Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses, computer code, programs or files that are designed to interrupt, limit the functionality of or destroy any computer hardware or software, or telecommunications equipment.
4. Post, transmit, upload, email or otherwise make available any content that is illegal, abusive, harassing, defamatory, confidential, harmful, threatening, vulgar, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, or ethnically, racially or otherwise objectionable.
5. Impersonate any person or entity. This includes but is not limited to, any PUG team member or administrator and any other forum member, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with another person or entity.
6. Manipulate or forge headers or identifiers with the intention of disguising the origin of any content that You provide to the web site.
7. Register or post in excess of one account with Us. Should it come to our attention that You have registered more than one account, we may remove Your posting rights, therefore prohibiting Your participation on PUG forums.
This section governs use of the discussion forum, and applies to all users either directly or indirectly, registered or otherwise.
You agree that You will not:
1. Provoke others or cause trouble. If You wish to argue with people then go to instant messenger or email.
2. Make personal attacks on anyone during Your use of the forum. Do not abuse someone for example, because of their race, colour, sex, or religious beliefs.
3. Reignite inflammatory threads by creating new threads after existing threads on the same topic have been closed.
4. Use inappropriate, excessive or unnecessarily bad language.
5. Attempt to take threads off-topic or make off-topic posts within threads. Off topic posts may be removed at our discretion.
6. Argue a moderator’s decision publicly. Any and all complaints directed at a moderating decision should first be addressed to the moderator in question via private message. If the problem can not be resolved, then You should state Your position to the Forum moderators or administrators, who will make or change any and/or all final decisions on a democratic basis.
7. Reproduce messages sent using the forum Private Messaging function on the forum or anywhere else without permission from the sender, unless requested to by an administrator for site administration purposes.
8. Have a signature larger than 300px wide by 100px high. If Your signature is larger than the allotted size given, You will be requested by a moderator to resize Your image. Failing to append Your signature when requested to by a member of Moderating team will result in the removal of Your signature. Signatures may not contain adverts of any sort unless previously agreed by Us. Please also keep text signatures under 4 lines.
9. Provide links to third party web sites or content unless given express permission to do so by a moderator or administrator. The exception to this condition is links which are shown to be relevant to any discussion taking place will be permitted within the context of that discussion. We may remove third party links at any time with or without explanation.
10. Flame the Forum Moderators, administrators or any other poster. In other sections of the forum normal rules apply in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Abusive posts will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
You agree that:
1. We may, for content management purposes, move a forum thread to a more appropriate forum area if We feel that it is situated in the incorrect forum area.
2. We may, for content management purposes, close a thread. This would usually be because the discussion in the thread is not moving along, users are not covering new points, or that the discussion is going around in circles. We would also consider whether the discussion is interesting or motivates participation in the context of the forum subject matter.
3. Only one warning will be issued to member(s) about their behaviour. If this warning is ignored then the member(s) in question will be suspended for 48 hours; there will be no second warning. You will be free to PM the team during this time to clarify the reason for suspension, and if necessary it will be reviewed (by team members other than the person issuing the suspension). Only if, in the view of the reviewers, a clear mistake has been made, will a lifting be considered. Abusive replies to the team may attract a longer suspension or even a permanent ban.