Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » The Chit-Chat Channel » Newbie customer Just switched fibre! :D
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie customer Just switched fibre! :D  (Read 6891 times)
amatthews4589

« on: March 20, 2014, 04:25:20 pm »

Well hello everyone

my names alex i am 24 just switched over to plusnet from sky and oh my how smooth and quick the swap was is excellent.

before i was getting around 36mb with sky paying 40 a month including line rental with plusnets deals i pay less and get 75MB in the first 5 mins of install.

this is cabled connection and expected it maybe to peak around 78mb i am shocked how quick it really is.

the wifi is a little slower will test on all my wireless deceives only used my iphone 5C so far got 40MB

is this down to the phone or the router?

could people point me in right direction to look in noob terms please been awhile since i got my geek on laugh

cheers

have thought of getting another router so what would i need to look for?

Penny

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 06:02:23 pm »

my names alex i am 24 just switched over to plusnet from sky and oh my how smooth and quick the swap was is excellent.
before i was getting around 36mb with sky paying 40 a month including line rental with plusnets deals i pay less and get 75MB in the first 5 mins of install.

Hello Alex Smiley  and welcome to PlusNet Smiley

I switched to PN fibre only recently (been with Force9/PN since Feb 1998 for hosting, though I was using NTL cable for the connection up till a few months back) and, like you, found the improvement awesome.

I'll leave it to the rather-more-technical people here to answer the questions you asked Wink

Regards,

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
* now building a shopping village at Sunshine City
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:15:32 am »

It's probably down to the router, have you checked which WiFi channel it's using?  It's possible that there is some interference on that channel from a neighbours wifi and you might get better results by changing to a different channel.  I have a small app on my android phone which scans the channels and gives me a graph showing which are most heavily used.
nadger
Usergroup Member

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 09:08:00 am »

I use inSSIDer on laptop and WiFi Analyzer on Android devices to check channels.

Regards

John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: