Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Network and Technical Issues » 3 months and still no reliable connection
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 months and still no reliable connection  (Read 2550 times)
Had enough

« on: March 17, 2012, 07:26:33 am »

Could someone at Plus Net tell me if 3.5 months of intermittent broadband connection is an acceptable customer expectation?
Is ADSL2 supposed to result in on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off connection?
BT tell me it isn't their phone line, Plus Net tell me it isn't their broad band and here I am stuck in the middle with sympathetic words and NO action.  Oh how I wish someone at Plus Net would finally take charge of the problem and do something to help a mug of a customer who since December 6th 2011 has not had a consistent BB connection. Perhaps helping a customer and actually doing something is a novel idea to PN support which they haven't yet got their heads around. To me it is simple, I pay Plus Net for bb - I don't get bb. Solution, Plus Net sort it out - end off. Reality, I pay Plus Net for bb, I don't get it. I, the customer, am therefore obliged to jump through as many hurdles as Plus Net can put before me and even then NOTHING gets done. Jeez what a company!
I have never received such apalling service from any company - ever! Best part about it all is I never signed up to PN but got transferred in when they took over my ISP! PN created the problem not me but it's down to me to sort it out. Utterly useless, ineffectual, pathetic, diabolical service. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry   
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 07:11:27 pm by Had enough »
mjtaylor

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 03:51:26 pm »

Hi Had Enough,

I'm really sorry you've had the experience you have, and also that we've been so long in replying to this thread.

I can see our faults team have arranged an engineer for you, due to visit this afternoon - I hope that sorts things out, please let us know how it goes.

Regarding the tests we've asked you to do, we realise this can be a pain and frustrating but unfortunately the connection is only guaranteed up to and including the master socket - anything inside your premises from there is not covered and as such if the fault is found to be with the router, the wiring or extension sockets a charge of 60 may be issued by our suppliers. The tests we ask to be done make sure that these aren't the cause of the fault.

Please let us know how the engineer visit goes, if the fault is still apparent following this we'll get the investigation continuing straight away for you.

Regards,

Matt Taylor
Plusnet Support
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: