Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Webstats late?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Webstats late?  (Read 153370 times)
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2008, 02:50:31 pm »

p.s. i still dislike the community site Sad - seems like PUG is dying too in favour of it  cry

It may seem like that. PUG has been relatively quite in the public forums for a while now, mainly due to our reduced numbers.  Things are moving towards a 'revitalised' PUG - more news shortly. angel

Maurice
Matt_2k34

« Reply #256 on: February 23, 2008, 07:20:54 pm »

Things are moving towards a 'revitalised' PUG - more news shortly. angel
Maurice

Sounds great Smiley

-----------
=)
dhookham
Administrator

« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2008, 01:25:43 am »

p.s. i still dislike the community site Sad - seems like PUG is dying too in favour of it  cry

Although we work closely with PlusNet and are afforded some support from them (eg the PUG forums and website are hosted on a PlusNet box), we are an independent group.

It's understandable that PlusNet will want to put the majority of their energies into an area of their own, hence the focus onto the Community Site. However, that doesn't mean the end to Usergroup/Usertools. If anything, by directing a lot of the "quick win" activity to the Community Site, it gives us a greater ability to focus onto the more technical discussions.

As part of this, we've recently expanded with the addition of several new members, many of whom you may recognise from the Community Site. By such "cross-fertilisation", we hope to be able to reach a greater potential audience, as well as to learn from the different approach and styles used here and the CS forums. It is also worthy of note that the new intake includes a number who are CS forum mods, and hence already have a mandate from a proportion of users.

It's the PlusNet Way
dgdclynx
« Reply #258 on: March 30, 2008, 07:36:17 am »

No webstats yet this morning. With BST arriving I presume PN couldnt cope as usual.
dgdclynx
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2008, 08:56:56 am »

No webstats yet this morning. With BST arriving I presume PN couldnt cope as usual.

I just raised a ticket....

As every year BST has blown Webstats. Could the run be started manually so as not to lose the data thanks. And a Service Status might be advisable.

Penny

« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2008, 09:27:31 am »

I just raised a ticket....
Could the run be started manually so as not to lose the data thanks. And a Service Status might be advisable.

Thanks for flagging this up, Douglas Smiley  usually I'd have made a post somewhere before BST kicked in but I seem to have lost the last 3-4 weeks somewhere (house move now done, thankfully).

I noticed when raising the ticket the option for text message updates - is this (a) free (b) in addition to e-mail updates, or does opting for texts remove the other option?

I linked the ticket back to your post above - and the link works - does anyone know why the links from Announcements on service status still don't work? (eg see post at http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&?helpheader=servicestatus - 28/03/2008 @ 18:11 ).

Regards,
Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Penny

« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2008, 09:42:34 am »

Ticket reply already from Support (JW) saying:

Thanks for contacting us regarding this, I've already raised problem 50888 regarding this, and I've let Matt know who's going to double check things out and make sure that Networks sort it out.

Good to know everything's in hand already.

jelv1

« Reply #262 on: March 30, 2008, 11:53:00 am »

Douglas/Penny

I wonder why you didn't raise the ticket in advance - perhaps if you raised it on Friday morning saying you are expecting webstats to go wrong on Sunday networks could have broken the habit of a lifetime and made sure it ran correctly before there was a need to give a prod.

jelv
dgdclynx
« Reply #263 on: March 30, 2008, 12:00:12 pm »

Penny/ I dont know if everything is in hand. They may have ignored my ticket. I asked for an SS but none has appeared.
Penny

« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2008, 12:29:35 pm »

Douglas/Penny
I wonder why you didn't raise the ticket in advance

usually I'd have made a post somewhere before BST kicked in but I seem to have lost the last 3-4 weeks somewhere (house move now done, thankfully).

pre-answered laugh  wd appreciate some response/s on the text msg factor and the portal links, though, if poss., from anyone.

Penny/ I dont know if everything is in hand. They may have ignored my ticket. I asked for an SS but none has appeared.

Oh joy.  There's still nothing on service status (nor a P1) but weird if they haven't answered your ticket either, especially if a problem has been raised as JW said.  Wouldn't have expected Sunday mornings to be exceptionally busy, and the ticket must still be visible somewhere.

I'm just going to trust that things are in hand as stated on my ticket - once Networks get involved they usually get things sorted.  Don't know which Matt was being referred to, though.

Regards,

Penny.

dontflag

« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2008, 12:40:31 pm »

I've raised a "webstats" ticket but not had any response yet.

The "last refreshed" time on the Service Status page appears to using GMT instead of BST - yet another thing broken by the change to BST!
mikeb

« Reply #266 on: March 30, 2008, 01:04:04 pm »

Quelle Surprise and all that  rolleyes  Should have raised a ticket yesterday in anticipation of the usual problem I suppose.

I just can't understand why GMT/BST change has always resulted in silly problems all over the place and continues to do so Sad  Why not just stick with GMT and have done with it ?

--
WARNING: The e-mail address on my profile is not my usual address, all messages sent via this site have been redirected elsewhere for test purposes. This could result in messages not being received in a timely manner or potentially not being received at all.
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #267 on: March 30, 2008, 01:19:50 pm »

This problem just never seems to get sorted on a permanent basis.  I've raised it as PUGIT Issue 403 to give it some visibility in the workstack evil
dgdclynx
« Reply #268 on: March 30, 2008, 02:46:47 pm »

I should just say that I did get a response to my ticket saying that the problem had been passed on after verifying that it was genuine. Fingers crossed.
Penny

« Reply #269 on: March 31, 2008, 12:12:37 am »

This problem just never seems to get sorted on a permanent basis.  I've raised it as PUGIT Issue 403 to give it some visibility in the workstack evil

Thanks Smiley  good idea.

Would it be possible to make this a "vote" item rather than "associate my username" (?)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  

Jump to: