Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Webstats late?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Webstats late?  (Read 153368 times)
chrisparr
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2008, 11:30:10 am »

I'm gathering information on this, it looks like advanced webstats via the portal are ok. We are investigating the weblogs issue.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
mikeb

« Reply #211 on: January 19, 2008, 09:45:29 pm »

Oh dear ... it looks like I'm unimpressed then doesn't it Sad

Not only was logfile data lost for the day of the homepages disaster and the following day (service.status says data lost) but there are still no logfiles being generated even today.  Add to that my data was restored once quite nicely (thank you very much) on Thursday from 15th January but then effectively duplicated today by backing up (renaming) the existing modified htdocs and putting in a new htdocs from god knows when but the directory is dated 29/07/07.

Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory !  I was quite pleased with the result on Thursday but suffice it say that it's all gone a bit pear shaped since then.

Why are logfiles still not being generated ?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 09:47:55 pm by mikeb »

--
WARNING: The e-mail address on my profile is not my usual address, all messages sent via this site have been redirected elsewhere for test purposes. This could result in messages not being received in a timely manner or potentially not being received at all.
mikeb

« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2008, 12:14:31 pm »

Oh dear .... still no logfiles on either A/C and support are in denial:

Response to Ticket 23918661

I can confirm the log files for the time when the service was down cannot be retrieved, but i can confirm since then the log files are now generating again.

If you do have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Needless to say, I did get back to him and point out that the last update was 15th on the problem A/C and 17th on the other A/C and today appears to be 20th !  Also, no response to what to do about the massive duplication of data.  I have 2 full copies of everything on my webspace and cannot delete the rogue directory due to permission issues. CHMODing 777 doesn't help in the slightest, still permission denied. Anyone have suggestions ?

... or are support trying to suggest that logfiles are still being regenerated and will be turning up sometime soon(ish) ?  Maybe but I rather suspect not somehow.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 12:16:47 pm by mikeb »

--
WARNING: The e-mail address on my profile is not my usual address, all messages sent via this site have been redirected elsewhere for test purposes. This could result in messages not being received in a timely manner or potentially not being received at all.
dontflag

« Reply #213 on: January 20, 2008, 01:04:08 pm »

My most recent log file is the one generated at 06:15 on 15 January.

How long will we have to wait to find out what has gone wrong this time?

No doubt it will turn out to be yet another case of an unfortunate combination of events which result in the data being completely lost.
jelv1

« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2008, 01:10:33 pm »

I suspect this will be another case where nothing happens until Bob comes along. sad

jelv
mikeb

« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2008, 01:25:05 pm »

Indeed

Can you fix it ?

All together now ... Yes We Can !!

However, I do rather suspect that nothing will happen until Mon/Tue as I doubt anyone is around in PN Towers to do anything and I'm already kinda expecting the usual "sorry ... but ... unfortunate circumstances ... small number of customers ... regrettably ... but ... now fixed ... steps taken to prevent a recurrence ... but ... but ... but ... data is now lost and cannot be recovered" coming tho Sad
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 01:28:39 pm by mikeb »

--
chrisparr
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #216 on: January 25, 2008, 09:14:11 am »

Sorry all, I'm sure I'd replied to this thread when I raised the problem(s) on weblogs. Obviously not  embarassed

I raised 2 problem on weblogs, the first was raised on the 18th and was caused by the transfer to new storage. Basically the webstats servers weren't mounting the new storage and therefore no weblogs. This was fixed the same day but unfortunately I didn't have chance to check if the logs were created over the weekend of the 19/20th.

When I came in on the Monday morning and saw this thread saying that logs were still not created I raised another problem referencing the first. Although the webstats servers could now mount the NetApp storage, the permissions on the storage were incorrect so it could not be written to.

I referenced weblogs at the end of this service status post:-
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1200914101.htm

Unfortunately as that post suggests we can't recover any logs that weren't generated.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Penny

« Reply #217 on: January 30, 2008, 06:48:30 am »

Webstats not yet visible today - can't see anything on service status.

The ccgi stats are there, just not the homepages ones.  You got yours, Douglas?

Regards,

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
dgdclynx
« Reply #218 on: January 30, 2008, 08:26:16 am »

Mine came at 6:33
Penny

« Reply #219 on: January 30, 2008, 08:44:27 am »

Thanks Douglas.  Just checked back and mine were in at 07.08.

Whilst I'm here, does anyone have the direct address for Webstats, to hand?  Firefox has wiped my bookmarks (again).

Regards,

Penny.

Midnight Caller

« Reply #220 on: January 31, 2008, 12:52:42 am »

Webstats for:

Force9
https://portal.plus.net/stats-f9/

PlusNet
https://portal.plus.net/stats-pn/

Force9
Force9 Since 3 July 1998

PlusNet
PlusNet Since 6 Febuary 2001
Oldjim

« Reply #221 on: January 31, 2008, 10:46:09 am »

Thanks Douglas.  Just checked back and mine were in at 07.08.

Whilst I'm here, does anyone have the direct address for Webstats, to hand?  Firefox has wiped my bookmarks (again).

Regards,

Penny.
Penny,
Firefox automatically backs up your bookmarks. Assuming you are not on Vista it is under Documents and Settings, User, Applications, Mozilla, Firefox, Profiles
Penny

« Reply #222 on: January 31, 2008, 03:12:11 pm »

Appreciate the addresses.  However the top one (for our main F9 a/c) just generates:
Webstats are currently unavailable for your domain
We're sorry, there are currently no Webstats available for your domain. Some possible reasons for this are:
* If you have recently activated your Webstats
Webstats for your domain are updated overnight, on a nightly basis. This means if you have recently activated Webstats on your account, your website statistics will be available within 24 hours. ...(etc.)

I don't know why that address doesn't work here but does anyone have any alternatives?

Firefox automatically backs up your bookmarks. Assuming you are not on Vista it is under Documents and Settings, User, Applications, Mozilla, Firefox, Profiles

So it does Smiley Never knew that (nor would have found it in a million years without the directions).  However - it only has toolbar bookmarks for the last five days.

I should maybe explain here that Firefox seemingly makes my PC unstable - every few days I have to do a fat32 disk check, and almost invariably it kicks off any changes firefox has made.  Then the PC works better for a day or two, sometimes 3-5, but usually, gradually, things stop working until I do another fat32.

Discovered however I did have some IE6 'favourites' history in that area of the drive (and, on checking, my IE6 bookmarks are still there, on the browser) but both times I get
Please visit www.plus.net for quality business broadband
- Up to 8Mb download speeds
- Static IPs
- Broadband Firewall and email anti-virus/anti-spam
- Dedicated business support team
- Webspace and email addresses included

Do you usually manage your account at www.plus.net.uk?
You should now use the main PlusNet website at www.plus.net - you'll find you can
manage your account there and enjoy extra features. Visit www.plus.net and log in by
entering your username and password and choosing Force9 as your provider.

so the F9 website changes must have occurred after the bookmark was made.  Does anyone know of another direct address that might work, for F9 webstats?

Regards,

Penny.

Oldjim

« Reply #223 on: January 31, 2008, 03:25:35 pm »

Penny - why don't you create a backup yourself when most of them are on again. Then you could reinstall as you need.
Open bookmarks, organise bookmarks  then click on file export
Penny

« Reply #224 on: January 31, 2008, 03:28:45 pm »

Penny - why don't you create a backup yourself when most of them are on again. Then you could reinstall as you need.
Open bookmarks, organise bookmarks  then click on file export

laugh  probably a good idea.

So, does anyone have any clues as to a direct Force9 address that might work (here) for Webstats?

Regards,

Penny.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: