Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Webstats late?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Webstats late?  (Read 153373 times)
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2007, 08:59:47 pm »

I'll flag it up that the stats are missing, it's probably because of this:

http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1193126871.htm

As far as I know the stats can still be regenerated up to a week afterwards, so long as it's everyone's that's missing.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
Penny

« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2007, 09:28:54 pm »

I'll flag it up that the stats are missing, it's probably because of this:
... unexpected service outage affecting FTP, access to the Homepages servers, Email, Portal Services, Frontpage and access to the Community Site and Usergroup portals

well that explains the other issues this morning, thought it was just here laugh

As far as I know the stats can still be regenerated up to a week afterwards, so long as it's everyone's that's missing.

That would be good, Dave, if it's feasible. I guess we all take the appearance of the webstats for granted these days, since the perl script was created.  Glad there was a logical explanation and that it's sort-able - the Webstats haven't been brilliant these last couple of months, in terms of accuracy, but they're fairly consistently skewed which is better than none at all I guess ;/

Regards,

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
mikeb

« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2007, 01:01:26 am »

How strange ... I got mine at around the usual time this morning, they were only a hour or two later than 'usual' and as I was more than a bit late on parade myself this morning, I hadn't even spotted they were late !

... wanders off expecting to get duplicates tomorrow  tongue
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:03:26 am by mikeb »

--
WARNING: The e-mail address on my profile is not my usual address, all messages sent via this site have been redirected elsewhere for test purposes. This could result in messages not being received in a timely manner or potentially not being received at all.
dgdclynx
« Reply #183 on: October 24, 2007, 07:47:18 am »

My webstats have been clockwork all month, including today. I am puzzled that some people are missing days.
chrisparr
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #184 on: October 24, 2007, 03:06:01 pm »

I've asked someone to have a look into this, their first reaction was that it's unlikely to be possible to restore the days missing stats if they have had hits on subsequent days. This is due to the way webaliser handles requests IIRC. I'll try to get some more information and get it out to the you all shortly.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
chrisparr
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #185 on: October 24, 2007, 03:25:41 pm »

Hi again,

I've just posted a Service Status about this. Not good news I'm afraid

Advanced Webstats for the 22nd October

Unfortunately due to the problems encountered on the morning of the 23rd October some customers Advanced Webstats haven't been updated on the portal. This is not affecting all customers and we apologise to those who are affected by this problem.

We regret to inform you that we are not able to populate the figures for this day for those customers who are missing them. This is due to there being statistics generated since then which means that we cannot back fill the missing days statistics.

As eluded to earlier in my post this was caused by the Sheffield service outage yesterday morning. You can find details of this post here:-
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1193126871.htm

Once again please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by these missing stats.

Kind Regards,

Chris Parr
Customer Support

Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #186 on: October 24, 2007, 03:46:22 pm »

Why does this scenario keep re-occurring?  Isn't it about time that something got sorted to effect a cure for this problem?

Surely the data is archived each time, and not just discarded after the stats have run.  I wonder if the same principles on data security are applied to usage and Invoice data angel
Matt_2k34

« Reply #187 on: October 24, 2007, 06:00:22 pm »

surely the removal of stats for persons who the script ran for, would be of benefit after everyone then gets the benefit of stats.

I still cant think why plusnets having this problem so many months down the line, this should have been fixed a while back, and the "wonder cure" script seems to have done nothing...

is webstats still high priority ? - or is the bodgit fix going to last until it becomes more of an issue ?

-----------
=)
Penny

« Reply #188 on: October 24, 2007, 07:48:45 pm »

I've just posted a Service Status about this. Not good news I'm afraid

We regret to inform you that we are not able to populate the figures for this day for those customers who are missing them.

No Chris, not good news Sad

I know there are (always) other priorities in the workstack, but Webstats figures have been consistently incomplete since mid-August and a zeroed day makes the cumulative month/year figures even further out.

If someone could make some time to attend to Webstats and the ongoing feeds issues, I for one would appreciate this greatly.

Regards,

Penny.

dgdclynx
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2007, 07:53:50 am »

Nothing yet this morning. Should I be worried?
dgdclynx
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2007, 08:11:45 am »

Nothing yet this morning. Should I be worried?

OK. They arrived at 8:01
mikeb

« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2007, 10:34:51 am »

Yup, much later than usual ... and in triplicate again.

--
WARNING: The e-mail address on my profile is not my usual address, all messages sent via this site have been redirected elsewhere for test purposes. This could result in messages not being received in a timely manner or potentially not being received at all.
jelv1

« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2007, 10:57:02 am »

They've obviously taken notice of Penny's complaint that the stats are down and decided to triplicate the stats to get them back to where they were! wink

jelv
Matt_2k34

« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2007, 12:04:48 pm »

is this to make up for the other zeroed days ?

come on PN Sad this really isnt good enough... Maybe this merger with Madasafish means that BT will give you guys some nice new servers ? :O

if only.. still.. could be worse... you could actually be paying seperately for this service and still not get it.

-----------
=)
Penny

« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2007, 10:26:41 pm »

They've obviously taken notice of Penny's complaint that the stats are down and decided to triplicate the stats to get them back to where they were! wink

LOL

I suspect we aren't due for a return to the halcyon days of accurate stats but who knows.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 10:12:38 am by Penny »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: