Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Webstats late?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Webstats late?  (Read 153366 times)
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #165 on: September 01, 2007, 12:37:49 am »

OK.  I'll do it tomorrow Penny.

MauriceB

Later:  Done.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 01:25:33 am by MauriceB »
mbeckett

« Reply #166 on: September 03, 2007, 04:30:06 pm »

Hi guys,

Just a warning that webstats may be late tomorrow, as referenced in the Service Status here.

Kind Regards
Mand

Mand Beckett
Plusnet Comms Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
Penny

« Reply #167 on: September 03, 2007, 04:32:30 pm »

Just a warning that webstats may be late tomorrow, as referenced in the Service Status here.

Thank you Mand Smiley

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
mbeckett

« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2007, 10:41:29 am »

Hi guys,

Quick update for you, Webstats didn't run overnight, which we knew was a possibility.

There's a SS out to cover it, and the process was restarted first thing. We expect webstats to be available this afternoon.

I'm asking Ben to take a look at the issues raised in the other thread and should have an update for you soon.

Kind Regards
Mand

Mand Beckett
Plusnet Comms Team
Penny

« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2007, 04:50:08 pm »

We expect webstats to be available this afternoon.

Received here at 1.47pm, thanks, Mand - however getting a 404 on the usual page I access them on (to avoid going the lengthy portal route).

Address is at http://portal.f9.net.uk/stats/www.xxx.org.uk/ - has the direct-access facility been disabled because of the recent portal changes, and if so, is it likely to become re-enabled?

Regards,

Penny.

cogilvie

« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2007, 05:46:59 pm »

https://portal.plus.net/stats-f9/www.domain.org.uk/ should work....

Colin Ogilvie
Application Developer
Plusnet
Penny

« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2007, 07:14:08 pm »

Thanks for the URL, Colin Smiley  and yes, it does.

One (not very small) problem - I have a Force 9 a/c I use, and a specific PN one I use approximately equally.  Firefox just offered me my PN password for my F9 a/c.

Suddenly amalagamation seems not-so-very-wonderful.  Is there any way of separating things out at your end, to any appreciable degree?  Otherwise every single time I use the portal for the "other" account I am going to have to re-key-in my username and password ...

Penny.

jelv1

« Reply #172 on: September 04, 2007, 09:08:34 pm »

I'd be tempted to use two different browsers.

jelv
chrisparr
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2007, 11:06:36 am »

Taking this a bit more OT laugh

I use firefox with the IE tab add-on, then if I want to log in to my PN account I use firefox, if I want to log in to my F9 account I switch to the IE tab

Chris Parr
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
cogilvie

« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2007, 02:08:54 pm »

I'd go for the multiple browsers route as well smiley

Wonder if it would be possible to find an extension to Firefox that lets you have more than one username/password combo stored for a particular domain/realm.

Colin Ogilvie
Application Developer
Plusnet
jelv1

« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2007, 02:26:12 pm »

It sort of does that anyway. In the login box you get a drop down of the names you have used and it will then pull back the associated password (if you let it remember it in the first place). It doesn't get over the inability to use auto login so that you don't have to log in. For that you need two browsers.

jelv
mikeb

« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2007, 02:30:11 pm »

It's OK if the user names are different but not when the same user name exists with .plus.com and .force9.co.uk etc. of course regardless of whether the auto_login option is used or not !  I don't use auto_login just the nicety of being able to pick from the drop-down list rather than type everything each time.  Only on my own 'puter tho.

Fortunately, I don't login to the portal for any of my A/Cs that often and when I do, it's generally for only one of several however, what a right old PITA this will be if/when I need to check/update all A/Cs. I'm bound to forget why I keep getting user_name/passwd failures and end up poncing around for ages before the penny finally drops !

... wanders off fighting the temptation to make the obvious change to A/C settings that will resolve the problem totally Wink Hmmm, come to think about it, I've been more than a bit naughty/silly on some anyway so I rather suspect that's going to be the answer.  Yeah, I know, don't even think it let alone say it rolleyes
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 02:33:41 pm by mikeb »

--
WARNING: The e-mail address on my profile is not my usual address, all messages sent via this site have been redirected elsewhere for test purposes. This could result in messages not being received in a timely manner or potentially not being received at all.
Penny

« Reply #177 on: September 07, 2007, 10:32:06 am »

In the login box you get a drop down of the names you have used and it will then pull back the associated password (if you let it remember it in the first place).

Well it didn't (then) but it does now - selecting the vISP in the central box and then keying in the first letter of the username in the left-hand box will now generate an auto-infill of the rest of the information.

Just successfully switched from an F9 account to a PN account and back again.  This is *so* much easier now it's all in one place Smiley

Must say I have been extremely saddened by the prospective 'loss' of Force 9 - because that for me was a landmark coinciding with the beginning of a lot of other things becoming possible -  but I guess realistically it's been thoroughly integrated into the "new set up" and everything now seems to be working seamlessly.  Congrats to the portal guys Smiley

Yes okay Force 9 is no longer open to new people - but effectively that means those of us that are in it have been rendered members of a rather exclusive club.  Just hope PN hang on to the existing subsidiaries - Force 9 particularly is part of the fabric, somehow.

Regards,

Penny.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 10:35:11 am by Penny »

Penny

« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2007, 07:00:16 pm »

Couldn't access webstats this morning (6.30-ish) - nor, for that matter, homepages or even the portal.  Just put it down to computer problems (not altogether unusual at times).

However everything seems accessible this evening - except the webstats.  Can't see anything on service status, and no-one has flagged up Webstats here in PUG, so is no-one else missing today's stats?

Last run seems to have been 04.54 on 22nd October (stats of 21st October).  Any chance of today's stats (those for 22nd October) being rescued before the midnight hour wipes them forever?

Regards,

Penny.

dontflag

« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2007, 07:57:45 pm »

Same here. No webstats since the set generated yesterday morning (22nd). No news on Service Status either, but that is hardly surprising (webstats don't seem to be important enough to be mentioned there).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: