Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Webstats late?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Webstats late?  (Read 152298 times)
bpullen
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2007, 02:04:57 pm »

Hi,

Homepages 6 was down overnight so I'm pointing the finger at that for the time being. I have made a note that I need to chase up the lack of monitoring for problems like this and I'll query the time zone thing too.

Thanks as always for swiftly bringing this to our attention.

bpullen
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2007, 05:32:30 pm »

The culprit was CCGI02 and all stats should now have arrived.

Penny

« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2007, 07:52:52 pm »

Homepages 6 was down overnight so I'm pointing the finger at that for the time being.
The culprit was CCGI02 and all stats should now have arrived.

Stats in, thank you Bob, but could you clarify the relevance of the CCGI02 bit?  As far as I understand there are six servers that feed the stats, but (a) what is CCGI02 and (b) how does that affect the feeds?  Also (being particularly dense here, probably) why/how would that stop the Webstats run from taking place?

Regards,

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
dgdclynx
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2007, 08:43:17 am »

Webstats havent turned up again. I am off to raise a ticket. Please raise a ticket as well if it is affecting you to get them manually started.

dgdclynx
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2007, 10:01:20 am »

CSC just gave the dumbest reply. They have 'reconfigured' my website which should 'fix' it. I have howled but it looks like today's webstats will be lost. Bloody CSC.

Penny

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2007, 10:25:13 am »

CSC just gave the dumbest reply. They have 'reconfigured' my website which should 'fix' it. I have howled but it looks like today's webstats will be lost. Bloody CSC.

shocked

Lost for words.  Does/n't unconfiguring then reconfiguring for Webstats mean that all previous records get removed?  Hopefully not - perhaps Support have a way to reconfigure without unconfiguring first. Just checked back on the Webstats configure/unconfigure page on the portal and it says:
You can turn off your Webstats at any time by clicking the button again and changing the state back to "unconfigured". Webstats data will no longer be generated for your site and daily log files will not be added to your webspace.

However the cgi configure/unconfigure option says:
You can turn off your CGI / Shell Server account at any time by clicking the button again and changing the state back to "unconfigured". You will of course lose all of your data and scripts if this is done.

I trust whatever's been done isn't likely to have wiped all your Webstats data, Douglas.  Could you maybe check the Webstats history and logs are all still there, at least?

Regards,

Penny.

dgdclynx
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2007, 10:55:17 am »

CSC blew my fuse. Here is their reply to my original ticket...

Dear Mr Clark,
Thank you for you question.  I have configured and refreshed your webstats component and this should resolve your issue.

Please check the Webstats support section for help and information about the Webstats facility. Visit http://www.[VISP]/support/webspace/tips_and_info/webstats_faq.shtml

Penny: I think my existing webstats are safe but I will go and check. I print off a copy every month.
dgdclynx
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2007, 10:58:46 am »

My only missing Webstats are todays. Is anybody else missing them? You didnt say Penny.
Penny

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2007, 11:04:58 am »

My only missing Webstats are todays.

Phew laugh  Assume that means Support just have some means of "refreshing" without any data getting lost, then.  Might mean your today's stats for 21/04 will not be lost either, Douglas, whenever they're eventually generated.

Is anybody else missing them? You didnt say Penny.

Yes, they're not here either (yet).  In view of your experiences though I might wait to see if Support pick up the issue from here, rather than raising a ticket  rolleyes

Regards,

Penny.

dgdclynx
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2007, 12:04:17 pm »

Penny. CSC clearly havent picked this up presumably because nobody else put in a ticket so I guess that today's webstats are lost for everybody now. A pity the CSC agent was so ignorant and didnt understand what I was talking about. So much for Carol's 'improvements'.
Penny

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2007, 12:22:44 pm »

Penny. CSC clearly havent picked this up presumably because nobody else put in a ticket so I guess that today's webstats are lost for everybody now. A pity the CSC agent was so ignorant and didnt understand what I was talking about. So much for Carol's 'improvements'.

Well I figured that to progress this, without raising a ticket, I'd phone Support and explain the nature of the problem (with a request to not touch the configuration of the stats).

Having gone through the endless "choose from the following" options on the support phoneline, I finally reached (wording not exact but this is approximately what was said by the automated lady):

'faults regarding webspace ... should be reported on the portal.  Please check there for further assistance or press 9 to return to the main menu.'

Seemingly a return to 'the endless loop'.  I thought this had been disposed of, and that all calls would actually (eventually) be answered?

Or maybe such messages play only on Saturdays and/or Sundays.  Is F9/PN still actually offering full 24-hour 7-days-a-week support?

dgdclynx
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2007, 12:38:07 pm »

Penny. If nobody else has raised a ticket and mine has been ignored nothing is going to be done. You must raise a ticket. I am off to the pub for a few hours but now I never expect to see today's Webstats.
Penny

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2007, 12:42:33 pm »

Penny. If nobody else has raised a ticket and mine has been ignored nothing is going to be done. You must raise a ticket. I am off to the pub for a few hours but now I never expect to see today's Webstats.

Still wary of the ticket route, all things considered :/  however just saw a name-in-blue on the Community forum and have PM'd to request the Webstats issue be flagged up.

Fingers crossed.

dgdclynx
« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2007, 12:44:17 pm »

My ticket number is 21752425 if you want to quote it.
Penny

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2007, 12:46:41 pm »

My ticket number is 21752425 if you want to quote it.

Thanks Douglas.  Don't know though, if there would be anyone working today who is actually authorised to restart the Webstats run manually.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: