Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Webstats late?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
  Print  
Author Topic: Webstats late?  (Read 152308 times)
Penny

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 11:47:19 am »

They should just run on Universal (GMT) permanently which would take the clock change out of the equation.

Yes, I'd agree with that, wholeheartedly.  It would also take the "missing hour" (ie incomplete figures) out of the equation for six months of the year, meaning that the previous day's stats would be correct when they first appear, rather than having to wait an extra 24 hours for the last hour to be added in.

The only problem I can foresee, is that the "BST" figures are (currently, in the way the set-up has been done) the full-day ones, whereas the GMT stats always have only 23 hours showing for the latest stats-day.  Whether this could be "fixed" easily is something I have no knowledge of.

Regards,

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 09:47:03 pm »

Stats should all be available, don't know if it was the BST change, but would be very likely if it was. But sure if we can change it to permanent GMT but will ask.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
Penny

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 10:44:37 pm »

Stats should all be available, don't know if it was the BST change, but would be very likely if it was. But sure if we can change it to permanent GMT but will ask.

Yes, stats there, thank you Dave.  Realistically, provided whatever caused the "blip" has been dealt with, the stats should be accurate (all 24 hours) on BST till October.  If perhaps the work could be scheduled in some time over that period to switch to permanent-GMT with all 24 hours visible next day, that would allow six months for manoeuvre at your end as well as avoiding potential future upsets every April + October.

Regards,

Penny.

jelv1

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 11:00:56 pm »

Come on Penny you should know better than that, it's a very long standing Plusnet tradition that the webstats go wrong every clock change. I made the suggestion of permanent GMT more in hope than expectation!

jelv
Penny

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 11:31:32 pm »

Come on Penny you should know better than that ...

LOL

Worth an ask though.  You never know ....

dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 12:00:44 am »

Will ask the question and see what I can find out.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
dgdclynx
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 07:47:22 am »

They arent here at 0745. Most unusual. Nowadays mine are generated around 0500. Anybody else? A ticket will need to be raised circa 0900.
Penny

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 08:16:56 am »

They arent here at 0745. Most unusual. Nowadays mine are generated around 0500. Anybody else? A ticket will need to be raised circa 0900.

Not here either, Douglas, and nothing on Service Status.  Ticket raised (21742718) with a request for someone to start the run manually, so the stats don't get lost.

Regards,

Penny.

Penny

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 08:18:18 am »

Will ask the question and see what I can find out.

Any news on this one, Dave?

Regards,

Penny.

dgdclynx
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 10:19:41 am »

Penny. I have been away doing things. I will go raise a ticket to support you. They havent arrived yet.
mikeb

« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2007, 11:12:17 am »

Same problem here but I posted something in Tech Issues before reading this.  Ooops, sorry  embarassed  As there is no comment so far from the PN guys I guess it's ticket time.

--
WARNING: The e-mail address on my profile is not my usual address, all messages sent via this site have been redirected elsewhere for test purposes. This could result in messages not being received in a timely manner or potentially not being received at all.
bpullen
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2007, 11:42:26 am »

I'm onto this now.

bpullen
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2007, 12:15:45 pm »

Copying across and re-running the scripts. Should take about 5 hours or so.

MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2007, 01:02:06 pm »

Bob,

Going back through this thread (and memory of past posts) this problem seems to be occurring once a month. PUGIT Issue 284 was raised to highlight the issue and suggests a bit of automation into this process. Any chance of 'bumping' the priority on this?
Penny

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 01:57:31 pm »

Copying across and re-running the scripts. Should take about 5 hours or so.

Thanks Bob Smiley

Going back through this thread (and memory of past posts) this problem seems to be occurring once a month. PUGIT Issue 284 was raised to highlight the issue and suggests a bit of automation into this process. Any chance of 'bumping' the priority on this?

Good to see the PUGIT updates entered so promptly, Maurice Smiley  It occurs to me to wonder if a couple of other (related) factors could also be added into PUGIT - firstly the request for PN to look at making the stats in GMT all-year-round, if the missing-hour factor can be sorted out (eg as per post here), to avoid the stats falling over at clock changes in April and October; secondly, with reference to the fact that the stats are not consistent in terms of quality (they're incomplete more often than not) there was a comment from Ben on a ticket recently:
It seems that cron had stopped running on one of the homepages servers, so it hadn't copied it's log files across. I have now restarted this and am looking at setting this up in Nagios so we are alerted if this happens again.

As a totally irrelevant aside, I might comment here that I just had to open-to-view (and then close) around 40 ticket numbers to locate that quote (from January 07).  Everything seems to rank as a "question" be it a mail-redirect or something more substantial.  Is there no way of incorporating a "subject" factor into a ticket set-up, for the customer to allocate, which would then display on a list of closed tickets?  Always assuming someone gets round to changing the name to tickets at all, that is  rolleyes  just looked back and this was agreed as long ago as some time before September 2006 - PUG article here.

Sorry to include a number of issues together, just short on time as usual :/

Regards,

Penny.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 02:19:50 pm by Penny »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19
  Print  

Jump to: