Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » How text message ticket updates work
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How text message ticket updates work  (Read 5009 times)
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« on: March 30, 2008, 02:30:55 pm »

I noticed when raising the ticket the option for text message updates - is this (a) free (b) in addition to e-mail updates, or does opting for texts remove the other option?

Rather than taking the "Webstats late" thread off topic I've started a separate topic to answer those queries.

From my own experience if you request text message (SMS) updates to a ticket this is free and in addition to the normal email notification and "My Questions" log. Obviously the message size available on SMS is limited and agents might need to abbreviate this part to suit; for cross-reference purposes the SMS text is recorded in the emailed and logged ticket following the normal text response.

SMS updating is clearly a boon to anyone who's problem is lack of service; previously such users had then to phone the CSC to respond. However a new facility was introduced last week (see announcement here) which allows users to reply by text message and have these responses added to the current open ticket. I haven't tried that; I assume responding this way will cost the same as sending a normal text message.

does anyone know why the links from Announcements on service status still don't work? (eg see post at http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&?helpheader=servicestatus - 28/03/2008 @ 18:11).

The reason they don't work is that the generated HTML containing that information as unlinked plain text. Why it isn't linked is simply that it isn't, not that it can't be. evil

David
cogilvie

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 03:23:14 pm »

does anyone know why the links from Announcements on service status still don't work? (eg see post at http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&?helpheader=servicestatus - 28/03/2008 @ 18:11).

The reason they don't work is that the generated HTML containing that information as unlinked plain text. Why it isn't linked is simply that it isn't, not that it can't be. evil

I suggest you raise a PUGIT item on it then wink

Colin Ogilvie
Application Developer
Plusnet
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 03:26:01 pm »

Colin tries to ensure a nice easy entry for the April Top 5    angel
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 12:30:33 am »

… does anyone know why the links from Announcements on service status still don't work?

… Why it isn't linked is simply that it isn't, not that it can't be. evil

No sooner said …

Raised as PUGIT Issue 404

David
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 12:32:54 am by spraxyt »
Penny

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 12:32:28 am »

I noticed when raising the ticket the option for text message updates - is this (a) free (b) in addition to e-mail updates, or does opting for texts remove the other option?

Rather than taking the "Webstats late" thread off topic I've started a separate topic to answer those queries.

Thanks for this, David, and for the clarification re texts.

does anyone know why the links from Announcements on service status still don't work?

saw Colin's suggestion that this be added to PUGIT and the new thread Hotlink URLs mentioned in Service Status Posts. Have voted for PUGIT 404, needless to say Smiley

Have to comment that the speed at which PUG gets things moving is quite astonishing these days laugh

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: