Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » February product refresh?
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: February product refresh?  (Read 4357 times)
channel

« on: February 15, 2007, 01:52:03 am »

It's difficult to keep up with things at the moment, but I seem to remember that another product refresh was being slated for February.... is that still the case - or did I imagine it??

If it is planned, is there an ETA?

Also, are more BT products likely to be coming the way of PN customers? In particular, the BT Broadband Vault thingy?

I am asking because I think the BT packages look relatively tasty at the moment compared to PN Premier. If the BT freebies were heading my way, I'd be more inclined to stay....
wildmind
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:34:58 am »

Not February for the refresh - likely to be May IIRC
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:22:47 am »

I've asked about the Broadband Vault internally.  Sounds like something that is probably possible (and likely) in the longer term.

With regards to a product refresh, it will be taking place in April / May as normal - but we hope to be in a position to provide more information in the next couple of weeks.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
Ultra

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 10:02:47 am »

Just for info, there have been some pieces written about the BT Digital Vault - apparently the free quota has gone down to 1 GB, everything gets wiped if account not used within 90 days.  One article also mentioned Xdrive.com and Box.net for free space. 

Finally, Carbonite (.com at present) plans to launch in UK at 2.50 GBP/month where there's no upper quota limit (compared with the paid for service from BT costing double and limited to 20 GB).
channel

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 11:07:36 am »

I'm assuming that those restrictions don't apply to the Broadband Vault when it's the 2GB version that's part of their broadband packages.  All I want is somewhere to store my digital photos so that there's a backup in the event of the house falling down.
dgdclynx
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 11:11:16 am »

Didnt I read that if you were a gmail user Google were launching a storage facility available to you.
Ultra

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 01:55:06 pm »

www.Xdrive.com gives 5 GB for free, AFAIK.  (at least, I thought I read that at 4am !)

I'm using www.DriveHQ.com (for Win XP they have a backup utility which will compress, encrypt, and store, then store changes, and can be run at a specific time to backup a folder, or monitor for changes and upload whenever a modified file is found). 

The DriveHQ free account has a limit of 50 MB per upload (so one may need to create lots of small tasks to store specific folders) and a 200 MB/month download limit (presumably to stop storage being used as an archive to share files with other people).  First account I opened had a username with a "." in which was a mistake, as one folder is a public website, if needed, with URL of the form http://{username}.drivehq.com/ ... not bad for nowt Smiley
dgdclynx
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 02:46:24 pm »

I just got an email from Winzip offering Carbonate backup for 49.95 dollars.
Ultra

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 04:24:25 pm »

That was the price on the carbonite website anyway...     May be attractive for the first year, but when the exchange rate shifts back it could easily exceed the 30 pounds which had been suggested (unless that's 30 +VAT, of course!)

mod: s/carbonate/carbonite/ Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 02:25:59 am by NetGuy »
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: