Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Same topic cancellation/email access--new thread
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Same topic cancellation/email access--new thread  (Read 4598 times)
MrsGrey

« on: October 17, 2006, 12:28:05 pm »

Sorry people, I posted this as a reply in another thread in error. embarassed
Here it is as a new thread, so as not to muddle things.

After having my account cancelled following migration (see: First I can't get out, now this! ) I STILL can't log into my email.
Also, I still have not had a pointer to WHERE in the T&Cs it says that that I should be charged 16 + cancellation fee, when I'm on a monthly contract?
Can anyone help with either of those points?
 huh
zowiekay

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 01:35:15 am »

angry Sound's about right,that does...I am attempting to move isp and am being told i have to pay a cancellation fee of 72!! Dont think so...Im monthly contract also...when bringing this up with help-assistant i have been given various reply's,none of which verify why i should make this payment...The last comment i read gave me a link to the so called T & C's that state the reason why the payment must be paid...And thats how i found the forum...I've come accross nothing that states i should have to pay this,instead find that im not alone!! evil  Quite a few customer's mentioned that they had requested a mac key and were offered "1 month free"!! Those who accepted have now recieved thier mac key's...those who didnt...are still waiting?! I how-ever have not been lucky enough to be offered another month of plus-net's Nightmare Service's,Also must u be provided with a mac key before i can change isp's??
jelv1

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:45:23 am »

Plusnet does not, and has never charged a cancellation fee for it's Broadband or Dialup services. (There is a fee for cancelling the home phone service)

For all accounts there is a 30 day notice period required (annual accounts in the first year excepted) - payments due in that period will be taken as normal and you can request a refund in respect of days paid for beyond the 30 days notice period once migration has completed.

The most common cause of (unjustified) complaint is from people who did not read the conditions attached to the free activation, modem and move under the "You Stay, We Pay" scheme. The charges for these are deferred for 5 years with the amount owed decreasing by 20% at the end of each year after the debt was incurred.

Note that Plusnet have announced that this policy will be being changed in the next couple of months and the charges will be cancelled after a year. No date for implementation of this change has been announced.

Most people wanting to cancel who have deferred charges on their account would be best advised to hang on until a date is announced.

Edit: Clarification after post from Liam
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:07:25 pm by jelv1 »

jelv
JBailey

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 10:12:35 am »

I would suggest that the 16 charge is for fees due under your 30 day notice period.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 10:22:30 am »

Plusnet does not, and has never charged a cancellation fee.

Correction, btw, Jelv.  There is a 20 cancellation charge for Home Phone.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
jelv1

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:28:08 am »

Ta - corrected.

jelv
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 10:32:15 am »

Cool smiley  Thought it was worthy of pointing out to avoid any potential confusion.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: