Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Network and Technical Issues » Traffic management on specific sites as well as specific protocols ?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Traffic management on specific sites as well as specific protocols ?  (Read 17811 times)
bob_cat

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 08:49:00 am »

Monday morning 8:46am
RapidShare 10MB test from Level 3 (40% load)

Averaging 28-45kB/sec

--
Don't do the cheese if you can't do the dreams.
jelv1

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 09:58:04 am »

I hope you are not supposed to be at work on Mondays - if so you are in trouble!

jelv
bob_cat

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 10:08:17 am »

I started a little late this morning, no trouble, don't have any classes today just a meeting for which the guest is already running late. Flexi-time

Bob

--
Don't do the cheese if you can't do the dreams.
jelv1

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 10:25:41 am »

Err... Today is Tuesday!

jelv
mikeb

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 04:52:20 pm »

Bl**dy hell ! ... stands back in amazement ! ... just got a DL into double figures, an average of a tad under 30 kB/s and although just as erratic and unstable as previously it's still an order of magnitude better than I've generally been seeing over the recent week and a bit. I'm kinda sure it won't last tho so I'll just put it down to a fluke for now tongue

However,  I still don't believe that this level of performance is in any way covered by the statement "downloading large files over http may gradually slow at peak times" and/or "This will specifically effect customers who are already in management levels 1, 2 or 3 on their Plus or Premier accounts" seeing that I'm NOT by any stretch of the imagination a 'heavy' or even an 'average' user and it is a very dramatic change in previous performance which has been largely consistent over a considerable period of time.

Still no comment from any of the blue boys so far I see either rolleyes and there is absolutely no point in raising a ticket - if Comms can't provide any comment, suggestion or confirmation that it is a known problem being worked on or considered 'acceptable' or whatever then there is zero likelihood of CS being able to do so even if by some remote chance they actually understand that there is a problem somewhere.  Can I assume that my guess of the site(s) intentionally being severely clobbered by traffic management is more than a bit close to the mark then ?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 04:54:17 pm by mikeb »

--
WARNING: The e-mail address on my profile is not my usual address, all messages sent via this site have been redirected elsewhere for test purposes. This could result in messages not being received in a timely manner or potentially not being received at all.
Tam

100Mb via Enta.net :D

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2006, 11:05:36 pm »

Yep, they are shaping high bandwidth usage sites too now ..

Its because they have no bandwidth and no clue what to do about it!

Tam

100Mb via Enta.net :D

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 10:58:30 am »

Best get windows vista downloaded from Microsoft *before* PlusNet decide to shape their download site to a crawl too!

« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 11:03:12 am by Tam »

wildmind
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 11:24:07 am »

Got it weeks ago when it hit MSDN, Volume Licensing and Technet Wink
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: