Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » How can the average ticket closure time be so low?
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can the average ticket closure time be so low?  (Read 7083 times)
digitalhome

« on: September 18, 2006, 08:43:38 am »

I don't understand how the average ticket closure time can be less than a day, when none of the tickets I raise ever gets beyond a single response in that timescale.

My latest ticket (20125930) had its last update from a CSC Agent on 5 September. I followed this up on 9 September when it was clear that the change they'd promised within 48 hours of their update was not going to occur. I have heard nothing since.

Is there some kind of mathematical reason where when calculating an average closure time, once you've gone past a certain point there's no point in rushing to close things? The first few responses seem to come in a reasonable, or almost reasonable, period, but after that it just gets silly. Do PN exclude particularly long calls from their calculation or something?
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 08:48:14 am »

Presumably some tickets get closed on the first response, which means they are short compared to your one.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
jelv1

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 10:23:37 am »

I would guess that questions like "How do I create a new mailbox?" get asked many times a day which will obviously be answered very quickly - these will be what keeps the average down.

jelv
digitalhome

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 10:16:14 pm »

Yes, I suppose that must be it.

I've been waiting over ten days for a response to my ticket since I added my comment on the morning of 9 Sep - is that sort of delay par for the course or does this need bringing to someone's attention, do you think?
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006, 10:21:59 pm »

Depends what the ticket is... but 10 days does seem a bit extreme.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 10:23:39 pm »

What is your ticket number?

If I don't get a chance to pick this up tonight (working extra from home), someone else may be able to - or I'll take a look tomorrow.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
digitalhome

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 10:27:39 pm »

It's 20125930 - thanks.

It was just to get interleaving turned off, which was eventually requested once I'd provided a router screenshot to show that it was actually on! That was on 5 September, and I was told it would apply within 48 hours, but two weeks later I've still got Interleaving enabled, according to my router.

This was only an experiment to see if it improved certain things anyway - hopefully it will or I dread to think how long it'll take to get it turned back on Wink
kitz

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 10:37:43 pm »

BT seem to have no problems turning interleaving on..  but getting it turned off is proving to be a bit of a nightmare for some people.

Ive seen this happening across several ISPs, when BTw are insisting that theyve turned interleaving off, yet the EU is obviously still interleaved since its showing in the router stats etc.
Ive even seen tickets from someone who is on Virgin, and it was obvious from the Virgin CS rep that she was literally tearing her hair out trying to get BT to remove interleaving from a line which BT said theyd already removed it. They even tried submitting a modify order to turn it ON... then a week later removing it again.

I suggested that the ISP did a WOOSH test which should show interleaving is switched on.. then go wave that under BTs nose.

I think mr_chris on here is also suffering something similar, as interleaving is still stuck on his account.

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 10:57:36 pm »

Unfortunately I don't yet have the ability to login to BT systems to check this for you.  I've raised this to be looked into for you though.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 03:19:01 pm »

Hi,

The interleaving status is definately set to off in the ordering system. I've seen a couple of other examples of this in the last few days (which I've tried something else with to see if that works, still waiting for the 5 working days to complete). This has been sent to our broadband operations team to raise with BT as to why it hasn't been turned off when we requested it to be.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
digitalhome

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 05:58:58 pm »

Thanks Dave.
mr_chris

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 02:15:35 am »

Dave, if you get chance, can you ask the agent that responded to ticket 20326283 if he did the "something else" or just a plain ole modify order for my account?

I tried to be good and raise it the normal way Wink

Chris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: