Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Network and Technical Issues » Random Disconnect.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Disconnect.....  (Read 153696 times)
rdrake
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2006, 02:22:47 pm »

Are we reading this correctly??

Tiscali have asked us to raise each fault individually to them so we would kindly ask any customers affected by this problem, if they don't already have a fault open on their account, to raise this to us via the Broadband Fault Checker on our portal.

I already have a fault report open, so I've just added a comment to it. Is this not what they mean, especially if all the other conditions asked about in the line-check questions have identical answers?
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2006, 02:24:40 pm »

I think you can have only one active fault report open. I'd just comment on it (and perhaps post the ID here) and someone will hopefully confirm it's what they wanted.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
Simon Day

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2006, 03:41:21 pm »

After sending Tiscali some very useful info yesterday, they have located a fault on their NTL provided backhaul. It seems that NTL rolled a change to their network which they have now rolled back. Since they rolled back, we have not seen any large scale disconnections. Tiscali have noted a couple of "blips" which they have escalaed already but generally, the service from our point of view looks much healthier. We are of course continuing to monitor the situation.

Simon Day
Network Improvement Consultant
PlusNet Plc
Loombucket

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2006, 03:50:01 pm »

Hmm... good news that Tiscali have found and sorted a problem, but I have to report that my connection is still dropping at distressingly regular (roughly hourly) intervals, then taking up to 10 minutes to reconnect.

I think you've still got problems, Simon.

I have the physique of a god - unfortunately it's Bhudda.
rdrake
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2006, 04:23:31 pm »

What time did NTL roll back their mod? I'm still getting WAN disconnections while remaining synced to the exchange (ticket raised this pm).

By the way...   do you guys know what MTU/RWIN settings you are using?
rdrake
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006, 04:51:39 pm »

Simon, it can't be anything to do with the WAN disconnection problem...   I just had yet another lasting exactly five minutes.
dhookham
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2006, 06:13:03 pm »

It did baffle me as to why they wanted individual problems raised, but I'm guessing Tiscali had their reasons.

The cynic in me thinks some of the responses above might be part of the reason... "PN say there are X with problems, but only Y reported the problem - it's not such an issue... jam tomorrow, Alice".

But, of course, no big company would behave in such a way, now would they?

It's the PlusNet Way
thepuffin

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2006, 07:29:21 pm »

I can confirm that the problem hasn't been fixed.

at 19:26:22 tonight until 19:26:46 my connection was exhibiting the "sync up, PPP up, but no traffic flowing over PPP connection" problem.

Sure it's only 20 secs here and there, but it's enough to kick me out of games and means a lengthy wait in the queue to get back in.  FIX IT!
LC100

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2006, 08:04:13 pm »

Hi

Same here had a PPP disconnect at 7:46pm, took around 10 minutes before I was connected again Sad

bigrobcx

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2006, 08:23:41 pm »

Same here too.  cry

Disconnections for me have occured today at 12:28 till 12:31, 16:43 till 16:45, 19:26 till 19:29 and 19:47 till 19:53. I'm expecting more overnight so I'll keep checking my logs as usual. During the most recent outage I mentioned, my router reported an auth failure after 5 minutes of retries. Whatever NTL have "fixed" clearly made no improvement on my connection. At least it doesn't seem to be any worse yet *touches wood*. I'm trying to be patient but this is getting stupid.  angry

I've added comments to my ticket (ID: 20150352) together with my latest batch of router logs so whoever wants to throw them at Tiscali and NTL, please feel free. I don't care how many legs you break, just please get it working again. I'm thinking this is a "feature" of LLU so maybe the website needs updating. sad
The Dude

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2006, 08:40:17 pm »

My router shows 'LCP echo request failed' at every single one of those times too.  They were all followed by 'PPP negotiation failed' errors for a few minutes and then it would connect again.  I had just put this down to my line fault since the LLU migration but I guess it is part of the 'Broadband Disconnections' issue mentioned on Service Status if more people are getting this at the same time.
bigrobcx

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2006, 08:56:42 pm »

If your line seems healthy and you're not losing sync with the exchange, then it sounds highly likely it's a connected with that issue. Disconnections at the same time can't be coincidental. It seems that there are still a number of people affected by this despite PlusNet's belief that it has been resolved.  I just hope someone looks at our tickets and picks up on this thread again. If it's falling under the radar we'll have to keep making a noise to be noticed. Sad
terminal

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2006, 09:57:11 pm »

like bigrobcx I had disconnects at 12:28 - 12:33, 16:43 - 16:49 and 19:26 - 19:32.  Several people have reported the same drops on the plusnet forums.

... the service from our point of view looks much healthier. We are of course continuing to monitor the situation.

Doesn't look healthier to me, or to any of the others still suffering from these disconnects
JSchlackman

USENET survivor

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2006, 10:23:54 pm »

like bigrobcx I had disconnects at 12:28 - 12:33, 16:43 - 16:49 and 19:26 - 19:32.  Several people have reported the same drops on the plusnet forums.

Consider yourself lucky - I've not only had outages at those exact times but a lot more too! According to my router logs, LCP has gone down 50 times in the last 2 days alone; 34 times since 3pm yesterday, which Dave Tomlinson states as the time they beleived the problem had been resolved.

I've now had a fault open for my line for nearly 5 weeks and appear no closer to a resolution than when it was opened. I have to confess I am starting to lose patience.

J. Schlackman - Force9 customer since 1999
morrisinc

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2006, 10:28:44 pm »

Hi

Like to add I had two PPP error tonight - one at 19:14 then at 21:16   Sync is fine, PPP up but now data - disconnecting PPP only then reconnected PPP - normally gets it going.  Sometimes get Auth Failed when PPP login in.

Phil
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:31:06 pm by morrisinc »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
  Print  

Jump to: