Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Network and Technical Issues » Random Disconnect.....
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Disconnect.....  (Read 158098 times)
scarymonkey

« Reply #285 on: September 29, 2006, 09:07:27 am »

No problem

If you contact John he may be able to add this as an option in a future build. From experience he is very quick and helpful - i emailed last night regarding sampling intervals and a new 'unofficial' build has already been made available for me. I can't thank him enough.

Vince Marsters
rdrake
« Reply #286 on: September 29, 2006, 10:15:46 am »

I'm slightly puzzled...  maybe someone can assist! If the Cisco on ag2 was replaced with an ERX which proved much more stable, how come the ERX on ag1 is also now more stable? The ag1 today is showing much less latency problems that the ag2 did yesterday and so far no disconnects.
Loombucket

« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2006, 10:18:01 am »

We're not out of the woods yet, peeps.

Between 7:45 and 8:12AM today I had seven disconnects, each of a few seconds duration.  Shame after a good day and night.

I have the physique of a god - unfortunately it's Bhudda.
bigrobcx

« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2006, 12:15:56 pm »

I've had 35 hours online on ptn-ag2 so far and my latency graph is looking pretty good. Since that drop caused by a brief loss of sync the other day, it hasn't happened again, but I notice between about 3:35am and 4am this morning there was higher latency recorded. That took my graph from around 37ms response time to 85-95ms. No-one was using the link between those times so not sure what happened there.
Everything looks back to normal though from 4am onwards so maybe more maintenace or a device downstream having a problem.
rdrake
« Reply #289 on: September 29, 2006, 12:35:56 pm »

Back on ag1 today...   two disconnects this morning and lots of very high spiky latency (which is always there whatever server I go through!)
andy_p

« Reply #290 on: September 29, 2006, 12:38:31 pm »

I've had 2 disconnects while on ptn-ag2 that left the router needing a reboot in the last 24 hours, both left the router in a funny state: sync light flashing (showing it's trying to reconnect) but the status page showing adsl connection was 'up' and the line noise margin showing a stupid big number (like -1).

I'm trying it on g.dmt instead of adsl2+ today to see if it's any better, maybe tiscali are messing with things at the exchange and it's a completely separate problem.
thepuffin

« Reply #291 on: September 29, 2006, 12:43:48 pm »

I find this whole situation very odd.

My PPP uptime is now 76 hours on ag2 without a single stall or disconnect.  The previous record on ag1 was about 3 hours.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]
  Print  

Jump to: