Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Voice of the Customer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Voice of the Customer  (Read 25146 times)
AndyH69

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2006, 11:03:46 am »

VotC is an unusual choice of name. Indeed, it is so unusual that it can only irritate existing customers who, frustrated at the ongoing failure of PN's support function, will cynically assume the changes to be an empty rebranding exercise.

PlusNet as a business appears to have expanded beyond its means. The "demands of the shareholder" (DotS?!) have driven the company to grow aggressively, and broaden its product range. I would assume that Plus Net (I don't follow the business closely) is also getting on board the convergence bandwagon, which will only lead it to spread its resources yet thinner. There can now be no doubt that the company's ambitions have got the better of it, and that PlusNet does not have the infrastructure in place to support its user base. The low-cost (i.e. automated) support model, the once made PlusNet the darling of the stock market as well as the envy of other operators, has backfired quite spectacularly, and only served to exacerbate the problems.

The company now desperately needs to demonstrate competence in the area of support. I guess that will be a difficult exercise as it will involve the unpicking of the automated model, which, being core to the company, will require signficant changes to the way internal processes operate. While the management board may be thinking strategically about the future of the broadband market place, unless the company sorts out its internal operations, it will continue to lose market share, and either go out of business, or get taken over. Of course, resolving support issues will only be possible if the current management see them as priority. They may well be dreaming of growth, growth and more growth... in which case there's going to be trouble!  smiley
mikeb

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2006, 11:50:21 am »

If it wasn't for the obvious fact that PN personnel genuinely do believe that it's a good thing,  I honestly would have thought that VOTC etc. was simply a real good wind-up. Someone has obviously been reading the latest management textbook rolleyes

... stands by for even better (aka even more amusing and ridiculous) names, terms, buzzwords and so on in the days/weeks to come.  There's a most excellent management/marketing speak (i.e. buzzword and general BS generator) site somewhere and I'll post a link if I can find it again.  Top stuff and just the ticket for all your explanation requirements in respect of informing people about how you're changing the culture within the company and focusing the mind on being pro-active in achieving best practice in the core business by providing additional multi-talented human resource teams and making internal infrastructure changes which will obviously lead to a bottom line of a much improved customer experience at the end of the day grin

Less fancy words and more action needed methinks Wink

--
WARNING: The e-mail address on my profile is not my usual address, all messages sent via this site have been redirected elsewhere for test purposes. This could result in messages not being received in a timely manner or potentially not being received at all.
Inactive

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2006, 12:33:15 pm »

Less fancy words and more action needed methinks Wink

grin

Nice one...spot on... cool
SimonC

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2006, 12:57:11 pm »

Me thinks Plusnet have found this website..  wink

http://www.greece.k12.ny.us/taylor/jargon/generator.htm

2 X PLUSNET BIZ 2MB ACCOUNTS.
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2006, 01:37:21 pm »

Can I again highlight that this was only intended as an internal name. The function is important within our new structure (not yet published externally), but we weren't planning on making this a big thing externally. At least until the info is published, I believe it is somewhat unfair to make the sort of judgements being made here. The change is actually pretty minor compared to all the other stuff going on, and it really need not be a point of contention among us. This isn't something that has come out of the marketing team (All three of them), and the idea is very much that the guys operating VOTC will come at things internally from a customer rather than a PlusNet perspective. You folks may not believe that can happen, but I think it's worth giving it a go. Having seen a similar scheme work well in the past, I'd like to think we are smart enough to be able to understand and represent customers views strongly from the inside. We are not interested in changing customer perceptions with words, but by taking actions that improve the experience everyone has.

Obviously other aspects of our plan deal with ensuring the CSC is operating effectively, and we are determined to get out another CSC update this week to explain progress in that area.

For now, we will sign ourselves Community Support Team in public, but will operate internally as VOTC and will continue to implement the remit we had set out for the team. That way hopefully we can still achieve what we want internally, and set-out to present the views of our customers, always having a VOTC mindset in place. Hopefully no one out in the community can have objections to that, and perhaps when you have an idea of what the role actually is, you will see our thinking on VOTC and why this has the potential to be very valuable to all of our customers.

Cheers,

Ian
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 01:44:38 pm by ianwild »

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
ianwild

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2006, 06:52:25 pm »

And after some more thought (and a relaxing bank holiday), I reckon we are best sticking with Comms as the name you all know and love... It's certainly not worth de-railing the good stuff we are planning with confusion over a name change!

I'll get you a lot more out over the course of the week about what we will be doing, alongside the traditional role of being a presence in the forums. With more people looking at this area too, you can expect to see plenty more information flying your way from us in the coming weeks.

Regards,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 06:53:43 pm »

and a relaxing bank holiday

So you've not been working on tickets today then evil tongue

I reckon we are best sticking with Comms as the name you all know and love

Might make sense...

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
wildmind
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2006, 06:56:52 pm »

Yay....
ianwild

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2006, 06:57:03 pm »

Yep - I've been doing tickets... Compared to how I normally spend my days, thats not so bad at all!

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
kitz

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2006, 08:53:02 pm »

>>> I reckon we are best sticking with Comms

yay

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
Inactive

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2006, 11:23:25 pm »

Common sense prevails.

My confidence is somewhat restored.

I await the updates with interest now.

So a " yay " from me as well.
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2006, 02:17:35 am »

And after some more thought (and a relaxing bank holiday), I reckon we are best sticking with Comms as the name you all know and love...

I'll let you into a secret Ian, most of us were probably going to continue calling them the comms team anyway rather that VoTC.  Just as we kept referring to Tickets. grin

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
mr_chris

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2006, 02:28:30 am »

> You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

You can lead a comms team member to water, but you can't make them ask a question? Tongue

Btw, "yay" from me too Wink

Chris
glloyd

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2006, 09:31:10 am »

Yay from me as well.

Regards

George
portmoak

« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2006, 09:13:15 am »

Thought Id drop in from my Spanish holiday (  grin grin ) just to add my ay!! also.

Not one of PNs greatest afficionados for a while now but Im still keen to see any moves to get things back to the way they were.

Accounts theadamsons and portmoak
F9 customer since 1998.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: