Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Voice of the Customer
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Voice of the Customer  (Read 25147 times)
Inactive

« on: August 26, 2006, 01:49:11 am »

Voice of the Customer.....  cry

Who writes this stuff?....sounds a bit like the " Ticket " that all of a sudden became some other daft title to me. I note that common sense prevailed on that tosh.

When will these people realise that all a customer actually wants/needs is someone with an ounce of brain to answer the telephone when they ring for help, not a constant merry-go-round of menu's.

Not too difficult surely.

I despair. sad

js

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 09:16:11 am »

Like it's suggested in another thread, something down the lines of "Customer Help Team" would surely sufficiently describe the team's function, if a name change is deemed necessary?

As for "Voice of the Customer", I think that it's inviting ridicule and the best thing that Plusnet could do would be to drop it before it becomes a reality.

It's far too presumptuous, in my opinion, for Plusnet to be styling themselves as the "Voice of the Customer" and rather than being seen to focus minds on the importance of the customers' voice, I think will be perceived by many as an arrogant self-appointment of themselves as the voice of the customer.

Inactive

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 10:48:47 am »

As for "Voice of the Customer", I think that it's inviting ridicule and the best thing that Plusnet could do would be to drop it before it becomes a reality.

I couldn't agree more. Do these people not realise how ludicrous they make themselves appear to their customer base?

This one will surely come back and bite them where the sun doesn't shine.
glloyd

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 11:33:36 am »

Reminds one of that comedy TV program some years ago where the character stood as a candidate for "The Voice Of The People".

Regards

George
Assos

Mad Student Barperson!!

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 11:37:39 am »

VoTC is a bit of a silly name but to me it's not important. I reckon just as with questions they will continue to be called the comms team.

For me it's how the new team works that will count. I'm pretty sure they'll do a good Job; just look at the people in it; James, Ian, Dave, Mand, Bob Pullen, Luke Horwath and the as yet undisclosed individual...

If the team continues the excellent work of the comms team but with more of it the name is irrelavant to me.

However I think it may be meant to symbolise that the team is the voice of the customers within the company bringing issues to the attention of the people with power.

Daniel McGiff

"We believe that if we provide a quality service, customers will stay with us we don't need a long contractual obligation." PlusNet (September 2006)
glloyd

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 11:47:41 am »

A lot depends on what the VoTC are going to do. If the C/S was working as it should there should be no need for such a large group of people. If they are there to pickup complaints from the forums then the system of raising problems via the ticket system and telephone is not working. I'm finding hard to understand what PlusNet are trying to achieve to be honest. Far better in my opinion to have an efficient customer service than a large group  of people to pick up on complaints because it's not efficient. And I still think it's a damn silly name what ever it's going to do.

Regards

George
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 01:47:39 pm »

OK - The problem with this is you have a name and no other context. I concieved VOTC as a reflection of the internal job this team needs to do, and not as a way to change the view of us in the forums (Although it should be noted that the team operates as part of the CSC now, not marketing). At the end of the day, the job titles we use in public are not as important as the work we do, and personally I've always preferred to post without a job title anyway...

I'm going to ensure the VOTC teams remit is posted in full next week, and then it might make more sense - especially once the details of all the other changes in the business have been made available. You will see VOTC is one small part of something much wider and that the entire business is returning to a more customer focussed structure. More people are moving back into roles where they maintain direct contact with customers which has been something that has slipped recently. The VOTC team has a big responsibility to hold other departments accountable to maintaining that customer focus, and we will have a senior presence within every decision making group in the business. The idea is that we will work to firmly present the view of the customer in everything we do, and that view is the one we will derive from the various community forums we participate in.

All I can ask is that you wait and see the full picture before jumping to conclusions though really, and if anyone has any suggestions for a name that is going ot be better, please feel free to let me know (it's never too late to reverse such a decision). I was thinking about 'Community Support' myself as well, but based on how our new role will work, that really only discusses a very small element of what we do. It also sounds like we are policement... Comms did have to go as a title, because there are now four different teams who will come under the comms virtual umbrella in the new business organisational matrix and it just made life too confusing all round. We also used to suffer because people presumed that 'comms' was responsible for Internal comms, which could never have been the case.

Anyway, it's all looking quite interesting - I will be back later if you'd like to continue to the discussion!

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
Inactive

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 03:48:10 pm »

Customer Service Team would sound more acceptable to me, that is what this new team are hopefully going to be doing.

VotC...get real shocked
glloyd

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 04:07:05 pm »

Sounds good to me -, Far better than Voice of the customer, daft silly name sorry Ian.

What's more impotant however, is it's not yet another big promise job that get's no where and nobody see's any improvements.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 04:09:31 pm by glloyd »

Regards

George
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 05:15:56 pm »

There already is a CS team though, and as I've said, that isn't the prmary job here.

I see from the outside, with no explanations of what this is about, that it sounds odd. In the wider scheme of things internally it makes sense though... The folks in this team are there to think about and provide representation of what the community is saying, as well as working with people both inside the business and with you guys here. Internally there will be a whole heap of ways in which that is achieved -  describing that work as VOTC does make sense. The group also has a remit of providing a support service for the CS team and acting as a central conduit for internal problem handling and communication - Something we haven't been doing too well recently under the current comms structure.

I'm happy for VOTC to be kept as an internal name, representing an intiative we are taking to change the way the company thinks and acts. As I say, if we are there in the forums, with the stance we want to take and giving all the help we can, what we are called seems unimportant, but I will be happy to label this as something that makes sense to you guys if we can work out what that is (And that means it's got to be a name of something not already in use - I fully expect members of the Customer Service team to post in forums from time to time, but that's not us!)....

Ian
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 05:22:54 pm by ianwild »

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
LC100

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 06:20:42 pm »

Hi

I concieved VOTC as a reflection of the internal job this team needs to do

Ian, the "Voice of the Customer" is also to me the most ridiculous thing I have heard.  If it's a silly internal name to help everyone feel part of a "special team" then please keep it internal. These daft team names being used inside PlusNet is bad enough, but expose them to your customers and expose yourself to ridicule.

I just sighed when I read it.  Doesn't PlusNet run this stuff by anyone, if you had you would have heard the same groans you are getting from around here surely?
portmoak

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 08:15:47 pm »

I don't think that 'voice of the customer' has very much to do with things at all.

Customers want tickets. We get questions if you're persistent enough to find your way past the nonsensical commonsense hints and tips and so forth.

Customers want phone support. We get the opportunity to pay for hanging onto an unanswered phone for hours.

Cstomers want more CS people on the ground. We get CS layoffs and interesting new whimsies about VOTC.

It isn't that PN don't already know quite clearly what the customer wants. It's more along the lines of what the customers want isn't in the business plan so how does a new voice help exactly.

Fiddling while Rome burns.

Accounts theadamsons and portmoak
F9 customer since 1998.
mrmojo

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 12:18:40 am »

I think the problem is that the silly voice of the customer title really sums up the problem with plusnet.

It sounds like something off a comedy sketch, yet plusnet don't realise this -- they are just that disconnected with reality.

I think someone needs to get outside of the reality distortion field within plusnet and realise just how bad the situation is.
Inactive

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 01:31:26 am »

I think the problem is that the silly voice of the customer title really sums up the problem with plusnet.

It sounds like something off a comedy sketch, yet plusnet don't realise this -- they are just that disconnected with reality.

I think someone needs to get outside of the reality distortion field within plusnet and realise just how bad the situation is.

I fully agree with every single word of that post, sums the whole picture up in a nutshell.

These people just don't see it, the whole thing is crumbling at it's knees, and they are actually sitting around wasting time thinking this crap up.

They just cannot see how outrageous they look.
glloyd

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2006, 01:54:49 am »

Ian,

Those within PlusNet can't claim to be the Voice of The Customer what ever internal remit you have because you represent the company not the customers. You may be there to help customers but that's completely different. If push came to shove you would support the company because it's the company that employs you and pays your wages.

The only people who COULD represent customers and therefore be the voice of the customer would be a group of customers who are completely independant from PlusNet the company.

You could be the customer communications group i.e. communicate with customers and make sure the problems customers are seeing are dealt with either by customer service or if something that is more serious the correct management or department.

A thought how about Customer Standards Team or Customer Focus Team?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 02:00:52 am by glloyd »

Regards

George
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: