Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Network and Technical Issues » 'gone missing' - old 'tickets'
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'gone missing' - old 'tickets'  (Read 3739 times)
Ultra

« on: August 16, 2006, 11:48:12 pm »

Is it just mine (ID: SN9537039 is the oldest shown, dated late 2003) that have gone missing or is there some 'data loss' associated with the portal problem(s) of Tuesday evening ?

I went to look for the 'welcome to PN' message, to check if it had included VCI and VPI settings, and found that anything earlier than the above 'ticket' was not shown.  I'll go try another PC and browser but assume the older entries should have been displayed, and was just interested to know if others who had older accounts were missing anything?
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 11:54:44 pm »

Nope, but for months (if not a year or more) my earlier tickets haven't shown on the portal.

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
kitz

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 12:08:45 am »

o0ooo so they have.
My latest is now a service notice from Nov 2003

btw settings
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/router.htm

or to make it easier for you.. from the original welcome email from when I joined.

ADSL login / connection details
* ADSL username: username@plusdsl.net - Your ADSL username is different to the username used to log in to the Portal, and you will not be able to connect unless you enter this ADSL username in your connection settings.
* Password: Your existing PlusNet password
* Dial-in phone number - Enter any value if asked. This is not necessary for ADSL, however your Operating System may require a number to be entered to continue.

Below are a number of additional settings that you may need to enter when setting up your ADSL equipment. You may not be required to manually enter all of the details listed, particularly with many USB modems. Due to the 'plug-and-play' design of these modems, these settings may be automatically detected.

Connection Protocol/ type
* PPPoA, also referred to as RFC 26xx (Do not use PPPoE - you will be unable to connect as this protocol is for use in the USA)

PVC settings - Connection settings required for ADSL in the UK (PPPoA)
* VPI: 0
* VCI: 38

Encapsulation Mode
* VC MUX (Also referred to as VC Multiplexed or null)
* Home gateway name: plusdsl.net

Most problems seem to occur because pple have incorrectly used PPPoE rather than PPPoA
and also not used VC MUX

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
Penny

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 12:22:15 am »

Is it just mine (ID: SN9537039 is the oldest shown, dated late 2003) that have gone missing or is there some 'data loss' associated with the portal problem(s) of Tuesday evening ?

Just checked back and the earliest-date service message here is Nov 2003 - and the oldest "question" apparently Nov 2004 (and I wd have raised at least a couple in any 12-month period from Jan 1998, which is when the account was set up with Force 9).

Looks as though there was some considerable clearing-down when the question records were restructured, some while back.

Regards,

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
Ultra

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 01:37:54 am »

Thanks to all...  I certainly hadn't noticed the truncation of the historic notes (can understand it up to a point).  Special thanks for Kitz as that confirmed the info which I felt sure I'd read, and looks as if PN does its level best to help the user ensure the kit is set up in a suitable way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: