Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Just Migrated and
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Migrated and  (Read 4395 times)
Chris_w_

« on: July 03, 2006, 08:40:37 pm »

Well i just migrated to plusnet from pipex today. I swithced from Pipex 2mb to Premier Option 1, up to 8mb{estimated 6.5Mb). But right now im still on 2mb and was just wondering if I have to wait for speed to be upgraded or what?. And if so how long?

Im happy with everything else so any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Tam

100Mb via Enta.net :D

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 08:23:19 am »

You wont be upgraded .... PlusNet have stopped all speed upgrades.

You will stay on the speed you are until PlusNet can sort themselves out.

petervaughan
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 10:00:37 am »

Not necessarily true Tam. It depends when the migration occured and whether it was provisionsed on Max as part of the migration. PN were still migrating people onto Max.

If this is the first time on Max then you will be going through the 10 day line testing period which often limits the speed to 2Mbs until the trial is completed and BT supply details to PN of the speed they will allow on the line.

Wait at least 12 days from when you migrated in and check your speeds. Also check what the stable rate page says here. If both show lower speeds than you expect raise a question and have it investigated (but expect a long wait for a reply).
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 05:12:39 pm »

Yes - Migrations and New signups are still being provisioned on Max.

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
mr_chris

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 09:08:33 am »

Chris_w_ - what speed are you SYNCING at... i.e. connecting to the Net. (if you don't know how to get this info, your router will tell you this via its web interface, or modem will tell you the connect speed on the balloon popup that appears when you connect)

If you're syncing faster than 2272 or 2.2Mbps, then you're on Max, and will be upped in speed in due course, after BT's systems have faffed about for a few days!

Chris
Oldjim

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 10:54:41 am »

Probably more informative is your upstream rate as this always seems to change regardless of what happens to the downstream rate when you are on Max
Chris_w_

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 11:15:10 am »

I got it fixed now, error in automated order system when i ordered but it's been fixed and now syncing at 7.6mb.
mr_chris

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 11:28:58 am »

Excellent. Cheers for letting us know. Smiley

Chris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: