Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Network and Technical Issues » 2Mb ADSL Verses MaxADSL
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2Mb ADSL Verses MaxADSL  (Read 9002 times)
jdb2163

« on: June 12, 2006, 01:42:27 pm »

When signing up to a new account with +net can one request Not to go onto MaxADSL and just stay on the ordinary ADSL even though it is only 2Mb at lease it is stable.

Regards
John
wildmind
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 02:01:19 pm »

Nope - Sorry!

All new provisions by BT are on DSLMax (AFAIK) - Welcome to the wonderful world of BT Wink

(and remember - they trialled DSLMax for 18 months before launching it just to make sure it all worked tongue)
Ultra

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 02:55:58 pm »

There has been comment on ADSL Guide that the old products have not been withdrawn, however.

I thought they were no longer available, but am not an ISP and have to admit not been following with the same level of knowledge as many others (esp staff) so could be wrong...  But it would seem to be possible to be switched back, and if that's the case, not switched at all (though I guess many ISPs would wonder why...)

Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 02:57:30 pm »

But it would seem to be possible to be switched back, and if that's the case, not switched at all (though I guess many ISPs would wonder why...)

I wondered that when PlusNet offered the opt out... but if a business has a currently stable line, they may not want it Maxed due to the possible problems it may cause?

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
wildmind
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:58:20 pm »

Yeah.... I've noticed similar remarks - not convinced though.

TBH I'm not sure BT know what they are doing - the story seems to change daily.
mr_chris

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 12:08:33 am »

Old products are still available as far as I know. The BT Wholesale price lists seem to confirm this theory. Normally there is a note "not available for new supply" by products which are obsolete. There are no such notes by the IPStream 250, 500, 1000 and 2000 products. There are still regrade options available from Max to fixed speed products.

It's purely the ISP's choice.

Chris
Terryphi

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 07:00:13 am »

Several customers of other ISPs have reported that their ISPs have agreed to move them back to a fixed rate product. Everyone moved back has been happy with the connection despite the stock warning that the fixed rate product "may not be as good as it was before!" Some ISPs have done it free but others have charged.

See this thread in ADSLGuide Forum
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=btsupplier&Number=2508525&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

I've seen a post in the PN Forum where someone was quoted a charge of 14.99 by Customer Services to move back.

Back on 1mbps fixed rate connection and loving it! Smiley Stability is what really matters.
Ultra

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 02:06:44 pm »

just for info...  ADSLguide links can be a bit shorter...  eg

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=btsupplier&Number=2508525

(and if you want to make it even shorter, there's the UserTools "Quick Link" facility) or just use the 'Insert Hyperlink' button on the editor... (left of e-mail icon) so you can have url=http...... as a web link shown on the posting, rather than the full URL displayed as text.
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 06:56:48 pm »

Interesting... We certainly don't have a way to do this 'out of the box' - it would need some deveopments and thought at our side, but we would welcome some suggestions from PUG in relation to this certainly.

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
mr_chris

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 12:14:17 am »

Incidentally, the BT charge to regrade a customer back to a fixed rate product is 5 + VAT.

Chris
tintin
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 05:16:50 pm »

Interesting... We certainly don't have a way to do this 'out of the box' - it would need some deveopments and thought at our side, but we would welcome some suggestions from PUG in relation to this certainly.

Ian
Ian,

Sorry to dig up an old thread but .....

You say that you don't have a way to do it "out of the box" but can you actually do it. If so, would there be a charge, how much would it be and would there be any appreciable downtime.

Regards
bpullen
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 07:26:31 pm »

Hi there,

Our standard regrade fee of 14.99 would apply to place an order back to a fixed IPStream product. We can do it but have no automated means of doing so therefore each one would need to be raised manually.

Regarding opting for the fixed product at signup, this isn't really possible. Technically speaking you could register an account and then contact the support centre to have them cancel and resubmit the order but it's hardly an ideal way to do things.

Kind Regards,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: