Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » The PUG Place » PUG future
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: PUG future  (Read 6265 times)
dvorak

« on: November 09, 2015, 03:44:49 pm »

reading the announcement (http://usergroup.plus.net/news_151109_sitefuture.php).. is it just this site under consideration of closure or PUG as a whole?
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 05:00:18 pm »

All options are under discussion; it's too early say what the future holds.

David
dvorak

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 05:18:48 pm »

thanks David.
Penny

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:35:17 pm »

All options are under discussion

... somewhat sobering, all this : /

new member registration on the forums has been disabled

... but that sounds disconcertingly like "a done deal".

I hope perhaps that there are enough of the "old hands" still left at F9/PN to recognise the value that PUG has provided towards the many transitions that have taken place across the years - admittedly PlusNet has become a whole different ballpark more recently, but there's surely still some place for the degree of insight and steerage that PUG has always embodied.

I for one would be very sad to see PUG dispensed with, but I guess it's a waiting game, just now.

Regards,

Penny.

Penny Rollo       Force 9 from 17/02/98       PlusNet from 2000 onwards     
Project HappyChild - free maths worksheets, free French-English
worksheets and 12 other languages http://www.happychild.org.uk
personal site www.pennymidasrollo.plus.com
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 12:05:51 am »

Suspending registration seems appropriate at the moment since potential members are likely to be seeking help for an issue, but not realising that members who might respond here will see and respond to a similar post on Community.

David
jelv1

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 12:17:29 am »

http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,7357.0.html

rolleyes

jelv
jelv1

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 12:28:58 am »

Looking at the list of PUG members (http://usergroup.plus.net/members.php) - two of those listed haven't been on these forums since March and April!

jelv
jelv1

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2015, 06:38:03 pm »

I suggest the number of posts on this topic (or rather the lack thereof) speaks volumes!

jelv
dhookham
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2015, 07:00:28 pm »

Quite...

It's the PlusNet Way
ChrisAO

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 10:49:55 am »

I suggest the number of posts on this topic (or rather the lack thereof) speaks volumes!

Well just for starters, despite having a tick in the box "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in my profile, I received no notification about the announcement linked by dvorak in the OP, so something isn't working as one might expect.
Although I've used Usertools several times of late (I frequently use it) I have not had time to look around at anything else just on the off-chance that something was actually happening and anyone was actually taking an interest round here.

All options are under discussion
... somewhat sobering, all this : /
new member registration on the forums has been disabled
... but that sounds disconcertingly like "a done deal".

Suspending registration seems appropriate at the moment since potential members are likely to be seeking help for an issue, but not realising that members who might respond here will see and respond to a similar post on Community.

David

With that I agree David, especially as no-one from Plusnet bothers to respond over here anymore - having said that, those who were likely to respond to anything in the past have either left Plusnet or are under rather great pressure with their normal roles - and CRT members especially - but then who all the current CRT members are who knows, Plusnet can't even be bothered to tell us that now (I could find out from certain Plusnet staff but I don't like to impose on their time as they are already upto their eyeballs).

I hope perhaps that there are enough of the "old hands" still left at F9/PN to recognise the value that PUG has provided towards the many transitions that have taken place across the years - admittedly PlusNet has become a whole different ballpark more recently, but there's surely still some place for the degree of insight and steerage that PUG has always embodied.

IMHO, not a cat in hell's chance shocked
Whilst most of the regular posters on here are "old hands" over on community, we know that even though a number of sensible "suggestions" (and comments) have been made to Plusnet, they are taking not a blind bit of notice. A certain level of management (that must include the CEO) have decided on the direction that Plusnet is taking and that is not going to change - unless churn perhaps get's too significant compared to new customers huh but of course it's probable that the CEO will have moved on by the time that occurs and anyone takes any notice  rolleyes

Some members of CRT will certainly have noted the comments and suggestions and indeed agree with a lot of them, but not able to say so publicly for obvious reasons (or in private for fear that it ever back fires on them). There are enough of them at present who know what should be happening, and one can only hope there are sufficient other Plusnet staff of the same mind (whether "old hands" or not) left working for the company when some decision to modify the company "approach" is made.

I had for a number of years resisted joining the PUG forums as I spent quite enough time over on Community, but earlier this year decided to change my mind about that. There are a number of regulars here (including PUG members) in addition to one or two Plusnet staff, who either have good technical knowledge or good knowledge about Plusnet in general, and so I hoped one might get some more sensible discussion of some problems and technical issues without interjections from some of the rather more ignorant new customers that have joined Community over the last - blimey, it's around 2 years (note - I'm specifically referring to those who have only been interested in having a bitch about their own problems, their claimed misleading information provided to them, and desire to get out of their contract and who disrupt other threads, and also some, who on a number of occasions have disrupted other threads with their interjections thinking they know better than anyone else and have subsequently shown to be wrong - thought they never admit it).

Anyway, some hope - this topic is a fine example!
Since joining the PUG forums, I've neither had a "welcome" reply to any post (over on Community we usually welcome new members with their first post(s) - unless they are especially abusive) - not even a sarcastic PM from any PUG member maybe saying something like "oh you got here at last" lol

So I'd say the time has come to rethink the whole structure of PUG and to certainly archive most of the public forums, leaving perhaps this board open to existing Forum members to discuss PUG's future.
jelv1

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 03:46:14 pm »

The tumble-weed keeps on blowing...

jelv
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 05:19:59 pm »

Indeed it does. But real soon now ...
dhookham
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 10:46:20 pm »

real soon now ...
Practically the unofficial strapline of PlusNet over the years!

It's the PlusNet Way
jelv1

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2016, 12:02:50 pm »

Have PUG had any recent communication with Plusnet regarding their role in discussing new ideas or future projects?

jelv
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2016, 12:28:08 pm »

No, you are aware of all that is going on.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: