Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Network and Technical Issues » phone line and cant get through to tech helpline
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: phone line and cant get through to tech helpline  (Read 2523 times)
chris2pher

« on: June 12, 2015, 03:50:57 am »

Hi. My phone has been faulty for a number of days now but each time i ring tech helpline i'm told it will be an hours wait. I cant hang on the mobile for an hour. The land line wont make calls and when it receives calls all we here is a buzzing sound that goes on and off. We seem to still internet tho it is very slow. Ive done all the checks and swapped the filter to avail. My landline number is 01695 xxxxxx can you help?

Number removed
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 08:57:20 am by nadger »
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 07:52:26 pm »

Sorry Chris2fer I cannot be of direct help, it does sound as if you have an xternal phone line problem and only contacting Plusnet can be of any real assistance.

Just a couple of checks to help narrow things down a bit:

- I'm presuming things were all working normally up until the fault and you have not changed anything in the phone wiring?

- Try removing the front plate of the BT socket you have your splitter plugged into and then plug your splitter into the Test socket this exposes.  Does it still fail?  If so the fault is likely to be external. NOTE:  The internet connection frequently survives some very dodgy phone connections smiley

I will try and escalate to the DCT internally, but at this time on a Friday, resources do become a bit scarce.

You could also try raising your problem on the Plusnet Community site where more of the Plusnet DCT team are focussed
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 11:14:33 pm »

The phone problem can also be reported using the phone troubleshooter linked from http://www.plus.net/support/phone/troubleshooting.shtml
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: