Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Network and Technical Issues » Plusnet bouncing emails
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plusnet bouncing emails  (Read 3250 times)
liteman

« on: October 01, 2014, 11:51:58 am »

Because of the fact that I belong to a local camera club and also run an international (amateur) photo exhibition, I have 3 email addresses, one is standard Plusnet account, but the other 2 are non Plusnet (........@bristolphoto.org.uk and ........@bristolsalon.co.uk); any Plusnet address I send to from these latter two addesses is imediately bounced back. Has Plusnet tightened it's spam policy?
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 01:12:17 pm »

Hi Liteman,

I (and many others) run mail in the way you suggest with no problems, so it is most likely a setup problem at your end.

In the settings for the non plusnet accounts have you set relay.plus.net as the outgoing mail server?

You will get more opinions from Plusnet by posting in the Community email Forum
but by all means come back here and we'll try to help.

Maurice
liteman

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 04:33:47 pm »

I'm a little confused because I haven't changed any settings and it has worked perfectly well for the last year or so, its just this week that things have gone pear shaped.
liteman

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 04:35:07 pm »

Is it possible to switch this to the Community?
liteman

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »

Outgoing set as:

mail.uk2.net for the .co.uk account and
mail.bristolphoto.org.uk for the .org.uk account
liteman

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 04:39:36 pm »

You may think me stupid (no, don' answer that one!) but I couldn't find out how to post in Community
jelv1

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 07:40:03 pm »

Have you registered as a user on there?

jelv
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: