Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » A typical example of why PlusNet have deteriorated.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A typical example of why PlusNet have deteriorated.  (Read 2466 times)
eugeneg

« on: September 12, 2014, 12:29:38 pm »

• I phone and have to wait 30 minutes for a pickup while listening to the same tiny selection of tunes that have been presented since forever.
  • I explain that I am calling as an authorised user of our client’s account and want a replacement router as the current one is 4 years old and wet with coffee.  I am happy to contract for 12 months and pay £5.99 shipping.  I am told I have to speak with Customer Options so am on hold again for 15 minutes listening to the muzak.
  • I go through security again and repeat my request.  The ‘customer helper’ goes through the full details of the home phone package and why our client should switch provider before I have the opportunity of repeating that I just want to order a replacement router and have no authority to add the phone service.
  • The ‘customer helper’ has to put me on hold while he speaks with his supervisor to get permission to not increase the price but let me remain on the 4 year old broadband plan.
  • The supervisor agrees to this so the ‘customer helper’ reads out the full terms despite my explaining that I call on a daily basis for different clients and can recite the script as well as he.

So after almost an hour I have the router ordered and am left to wonder if the 50p a month I earn for going through this is really sufficient encouragement to refer others.  I could just as easily rant about my experience when calling about faults.
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 03:51:42 pm »

Thanks Eugeneg - I've passed the message on internally.

Maurice
bpullen
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:06:56 pm »

I explain that I am calling as an authorised user of our client’s account and want a replacement router as the current one is 4 years old and wet with coffee.  I am happy to contract for 12 months and pay £5.99 shipping.  I am told I have to speak with Customer Options so am on hold again for 15 minutes listening to the muzak.

I'm not sure process even dictates that you need to speak to Customer Options in this scenario, although I'll admit I'm not 100% sure. If you fancy PM'ing your account username across then I'll happily cast my eye over how the situation was handled?

The ‘customer helper’ goes through the full details of the home phone package and why our client should switch provider before I have the opportunity of repeating that I just want to order a replacement router and have no authority to add the phone service.

I'd expect our Customer Options Team to try upselling. After all, that's what they're there to do to some extent. As above though, I wouldn't have expected the request to be passed that way in the first place.

So after almost an hour I have the router ordered and am left to wonder if the 50p a month I earn for going through this is really sufficient encouragement to refer others.

Sorry about the hassle, in particular the lengthy call waits which are no doubt exacerbating things sad

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: