Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Network and Technical Issues » I want to leave
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to leave  (Read 2064 times)
flexo1966

« on: August 26, 2014, 12:36:11 pm »

Went with plusnet because it was endorsed by Which? Magazine.
It took over 2 months to get my phone and broadband running.
This entailed the engineer failing to turn up for the initial connection, two accounts being opened, my phone number of 20 years being lost, all phone sockets in the house being disabled and still after all this time slow connection speed.
So I pick up the phone and call "customer support". Give me a break please, support ? I was on the phone 1 hour and 40 minutes two Fridays ago for them to agree to an engineer come out.
I then got a e-mail saying that the engineer had been and the problems with the phone sockets and speed issues had been fixed.
What engineer I asked after waiting 43 minutes to get an answer from "customer support".
Two days later I get an e-mail saying there had been a mistake and the engineer would arrive on either the 22/23/24 of July.
22/23//24 came and passed and no engineer. This in itís self was a problem in having to cover 3 days. Another dayís holiday for me one for the wife and my father covered the last.
However the engineer did turn up unannounced on the 25 !
Then I get a phone call saying sorry and that plusnet will offer me some sort of compensation.....won't hold my breath. (was reinbursed £31 last week)
Another point is that plusnet software doesn't support Mac o/s.
So there is no plusnet assist or McAfee which I am paying for.
Talktalk had a family filter so with a press of a button you can mediate what family can see or not.
I pay for 76Meg broadband and when they first assessed my line they told me I would only be able to get 63Meg max.
I was lucky that last year I have a fax line put into the house and with the help of the engineer it was swapped over. I now get 52Meg instead of 38.
I didn't do my homework before I agreed to this contract and am now paying the price.
I did try and cancel but i was one day over the allotted 14 days and they refused.
jelv1

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 12:48:54 pm »

Not sure how quickly this post will be spotted - you are better off posting on the community forums.

Re: Plusnet Assist - it's a load of crap that experienced users steer well clear of. There's nothing it does that can't be done directly given the correct advice which you will get from the community forums.

jelv
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 11:36:31 am »

I'm not clear what it is that you expect to resolve with this post that has not already been covered in your numerous posts on the Community Forums?

The issue you raise with lack of MAC support is a bit OTT in that all that doesn't work on MAC are two unpaid for pieces of Software.

Plusnet Assist - Well, as JELV points out, it doesn't work too well on Microsoft PC's either.  Most savvy Users stay clear of it.

Non Availability of a Family Internet facility isn't really a reason to cancel your contract either - Plusnet has never advertised such a feature as being available.   

I sympathise with your situation but your resolution has to be with Plusnet and not the UserGroup.  Try working with the Team rather than shouting the odds and you should discover how effective the DCT team can be at getting problems resolved.

Maurice
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: