Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Unsolicited calls
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Unsolicited calls  (Read 3468 times)
telfire

« on: May 31, 2014, 06:23:29 pm »

Since changing my broadband and phone to Plus Net I have been plagued with unsolicited calls.  The callers know my full name and ask for me personally.  I have been registered with the TPS for over 10 years and didn't have this problem when my phone was with BT.  Have Plus Net sold my details on the open market?
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:58:13 pm »

Were you ex directory with BT?
nadger
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 09:14:30 am »

Have Plus Net sold my details on the open market?
Most unlikely - moved our line from BT to Plusnet 7 years ago and not had any similar problems.

Regards

John
telfire

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 11:13:53 am »

Were you ex directory with BT?
Have always been ex-directory.  Just seems strange with a dozen or so unsolicited calls in the last month but none in the previous 15 years.
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 12:16:49 am »

Have you checked you are still ex directory?  It's possible that you've been added to the phone directory when you changed supplier.
chrispurvey

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 09:17:17 am »

Hi Telfire,

We definitely don't pass your details on at all. I've checked your line and it is set to ex-directory.

Have you asked any of the callers where they have obtained your number from?
telfire

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 08:19:43 pm »

Hi Telfire,

We definitely don't pass your details on at all. I've checked your line and it is set to ex-directory.

Have you asked any of the callers where they have obtained your number from?
Yes but as usual they evade the question and I hang up on them.  Thanks for your re-assurance obviously just been unlucky with current batch of cold callers targeting me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: