Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » The Chit-Chat Channel » Virus/Malware Software
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Virus/Malware Software  (Read 2613 times)
gwhib

« on: January 25, 2014, 10:20:05 am »

I would like to start a discussion on the subject of Virus & Malware software plus system cleanup software, I am currently using Norton Internet Security & Norton Utilities plus I have used Malwarebytes and Comodo, I have been told that Norton uses a lot of space and can clog up the system and didn't stop me from getting a lot of Trojans and other types of viruses and malware, I have recently downloaded Comodo and this has found a lot of problems that were not detected by Norton as I am just about to upgrade my desktop, I want to install the best software, in the opinion of the users what do you think is the best to go for ?
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 12:21:38 pm »

A good question - but with no single answer I'm afraid.  Opinions differ widely based on a number of factors.
Have you taken a look on the Plusnet Community site  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/board,8.0.html  where there are already a number of threads covering this topic.

Personally I use Kaspersky on my Main PC and the FREE version of AVG on my other PC and the wife's laptop.

Maurice
Midnight Caller

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 12:22:57 pm »

Security Software

That I use:
Anti-Virus: AVG - Free
Firewall: Zone Alarm
ShieldsUP Test Firewall: https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
Web Browser Sandbox: Sandboxie
Registry Cleaner: Crap Cleaner

Force9
Force9 Since 3 July 1998

PlusNet
PlusNet Since 6 Febuary 2001
nadger
Usergroup Member

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 09:47:01 am »

I use AVG free version on my 2 laptops and Nexus7

Hornet anti virus on my two android phones.

Regards

John
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: