Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Poor service from Plusnet
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Poor service from Plusnet  (Read 8202 times)
Stevealdwin

« on: March 07, 2014, 04:51:34 pm »

My experience of Plusnet is unprintable. I spoke to their customer service team today and it took 30 minutes to connect me. I was then put through to the technical team. Another delay. I could not believe how rude the people were I spoke to. They were as useful as a chocolate teapot.
I tried to get help with my connection as it had virtually ground to a halt.
The representative wanted me to disconnect my router from an upstairs socket and plug it into a socket which is in a downstairs socket. Due to health issues I explained this was not possible. I was told that nothing further could be done and was put through to the cancellation department. Here I spoke to a gentleman who was extremely rude and said that if I cancelled there would be a cancellation fee. He was really offhand. I asked to speak to a manager who was more helpful. She is arranging for a technician to call and help me with the fault. I am amazed that Plusnet employees are so disrespectful to their clients. There must be plenty of unemployed young people who would give everything to have the opportunity to talk to the general public and get paid for it.
I shall certainly move my business as soon as I can afford any penalties this uncaring firm apply.
Linn K
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 05:14:49 pm »

Hi Stevealdwin,

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience whilst contacting us today.

We are aware of the long wait times and we are working on improving this with the new site opening in Leeds. Unfortunately it's not something that is going to change overnight, however, we should start to see this change soon.

I've been made aware that this has been passed on to a manager within our Technical department and they will be arranging for a member of their team to call you back later this evening to provide assistance.

I really hope this is resolved for you soon.

Linn Karstrom
Plusnet Customer Relations Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 05:26:15 pm »

Moderator's Note

This topic has been split from the end of an old topic to reflect that it relates to a current issue and to give it the prominence it needs.

David (spraxyt)
jelv1

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 10:48:04 pm »

The representative wanted me to disconnect my router from an upstairs socket and plug it into a socket which is in a downstairs socket.

A totally reasonable request. A significant proportion of 'faults' are actually on the customer's side of the master socket. If Plusnet called out an engineer and found that the problem was your responsibility you would be faced with a hefty charge. Plusnet ask you to test from the master socket to avoid this happening.

jelv
eugeneg

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 06:00:26 pm »

So the advice should have been to look up an independent local technician to do it for the customer.  In fact, if PN wanted to earn brownie points, they would maintain a list of such people (perhaps via an umbrella organisation such as ACRBO or http://www.computerrepaircompanies.co.uk/).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:03:08 pm by eugeneg »
Mark Kelly

Ex Plusnet Staff 2006 - 2012

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 02:14:43 pm »

Nonsense. The complexities of maintaining such a list and the percieved endorsement or recommendation of any suppliers would have implications unnacceptable to Plusnet. The request from support is reasonable and applies to all CP's. How could Plusnet discern the cowboys from the professionals if they undertook such a scheme.

Sorry, bad idea on a number of levels.

Kind regards,
Mark Kelly
BloodandCustard

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 10:45:04 pm »

Post excerpt March 07, 2014 "I spoke to their customer service team today and it took 30 minutes to connect me".

Plusnet Staff reply excerpt "I'm really sorry to hear of your experience whilst contacting us today. We are aware of the long wait times and we are working on improving this with the new site opening in Leeds. Unfortunately it's not something that is going to change overnight, however, we should start to see this change soon".

18-months on from these posts it appears nothing seems to have changed in terms of 30-minute waiting times for Plusnet.

This was at Plusnet's own admission (recorded announcement) so I didn't bother to try to find out why a BT repair man failed to attend.....

ChrisAO

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 08:27:15 am »

It's not uncommon for an engineer to "not attend" for multiple possible reasons. It would be nice if you could update your other thread on possible discrimination, since I suspect that these two things are directly related, and having two threads on essentially the same issue doesn't help us to see a clear picture.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: