Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Home Phone Not Working AGAIN!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Phone Not Working AGAIN!!!  (Read 2520 times)
Gareth52

« on: December 17, 2013, 04:22:12 pm »

Well my Home Phone is not working for the THIRD time, been told by PlusNet support that Open Reach will be looking at this problem on Friday the 20th Dec, which mean that any customers of mine will not be able to contact me, as well as family and friends. This has been going on for at least a year or more with the phone line going down for days on end. I think that PlusNet and BT ought to put there hands in their deep pockets and pay for a new cabinet and wiring, I saw the engineer working on the existing cabinet and you would not believe it there was an open drain in the area beneath the cabinet with water running down (run off for the road). This look like a recipe for disaster if ever I saw one, talk about a bogged up - they just want to take our money and not bother investing in the infrastructure.  rolleyes
Gareth52

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 01:13:45 pm »

Well I thought I'd update my current situation regarding my landline, BT Openreach did eventually come out and got it working again, but not for long, 2 or 3 days later they came out again to work on the cabinet down the road, evidently because some one else was having problems with there phone, and guess what Yes they cut of my land line again. So I'm having to wait till this Friday till the engineers come out again to fix it. As said before I had this problem for a while, this will be the fourth time the engineers will have been out, it seems like a Merry Go Round, someone has a problem with there landline and they come out and fix it, then I have problem they come out and fix that and then the whole cycle starts again - its like living in and alternate universe. My be should write a book about it, something on the lines of a Terry Pratchett novel, it would probably be a best seller, the trouble is this is not fiction but reality!!!
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 12:35:00 am »

I heard from a friend who was in the same boat as yourself that the engineer told him that the frames connecting the wires in some of the cabinets were of poor quality and the engineers barely had to look at a wire for it to dislodge from the connector.  The engineers apparently do try to avoid loosening a wire but with hundreds of wires crammed into a small space it is very easy not to notice one that has fallen out by perhaps just a single millimetre.

I suspect that with BT diverting its money and efforts into fibre there will be little chance of them improving dodgy cabinets before the fibre rollout finishes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: