Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Line Rental Saver
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Line Rental Saver  (Read 7358 times)
poppy

« on: September 17, 2012, 08:02:45 am »

I understand that telephone line rental is increasing in price in October 2012.  I have line rental saver and this is due in December. Having no plans to leave Force9 I telephoned customer services to ask if I could pay early to avoid the increase and was told this wasn't possible.  Please could a staff member confirm this?  Seems a bit odd when someone wants to pay their bill early and it cannot be accepted.

Force 9
Joined 03 June 2004
mjtaylor

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 09:24:03 am »

Hi poppy,

I'm sorry to say this isn't something we can do I'm afraid. Understand what you're saying though, and will feed back as appropriate but it's extremely unlikely that that will change.

Regards,

Matt Taylor
Plusnet Support
poppy

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 11:05:35 am »

Thank you for replying.  Why is it so difficult to hand money over sooner than later? Plusnet gains and so does the customer.  I thought that companies were in the business of retaining customers?  huh

Force 9
Joined 03 June 2004
Oldjim

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:29:51 am »

Because all us early adopters would do it  grin
Colin
Usergroup Member

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 04:24:20 pm »

If the supplier price changes, then the company could lose money though, by the 'advanced' payers having not paid enough...

Colin Ogilvie
Plusnet Usergroup Member
Using: Plusnet Extra
nadger
Usergroup Member

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 10:19:34 am »

Because all us early adopters would do it  grin
I, for one, would gladly pay another year at the soon to be old price.

Regards

John
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 04:02:49 pm »

If the supplier price changes, then the company could lose money though, by the 'advanced' payers having not paid enough...

Agreed, but there is useable money in the bank, against possible (probable?) revenue loss caused by User 'churn'

Maurice
mjtaylor

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 02:19:48 pm »

I would like to post and take back what I said above - many apologies for informing incorrectly.

Anyone with LRS can renew through the website up to 3 months before their current contract ends, it'll sit on your account and replace the old contract once that runs out.

Again sorry for the misinformation above, hope that helps a few people out Smiley

Regards,

Matt Taylor
Plusnet Support
poppy

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 07:30:57 pm »

Thank you for updating us on this mjtaylor. Please can you confirm the best method of doing this? I am not sure that the customer services front line staff are aware of it because when I telephoned a few days ago I was told it could not be done.

Force 9
Joined 03 June 2004
poppy

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 07:36:55 am »

I telephoned this morning and the gentleman to whom I spoke was aware of the three month early payment.  He provided a link to enable me to sign up for another year - apparently it can only be done online.  For anyone who needs this link it is here.  Mine wasn't due until early December 2012 but am now all sorted. Thank you for your help and advice on this matter mjtaylor.  

Force 9
Joined 03 June 2004
nadger
Usergroup Member

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 10:45:21 am »

Thanks for the link, poppy  smiley

Just paid my £113.88 in advance - mine was due 17th December.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:49:06 am by nadger »

Regards

John
Oldjim

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 11:09:33 am »

Thanks for the link poppy and the PM nadger I will try tomorrow - I have posted this on the Forums as well as they have kept very quiet about it
Oldjim

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 12:31:57 pm »

Just to add - Bob actually referred to it here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,107819.msg920569.html#msg920569 but we all missed the significance
mfmlob

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 06:14:11 pm »

Can someone please help?  I'm having exactly the opposite problem. I was sent a line renewal email at the beginning of November asking if I wished to pay a year in advance (as I did the year before). I replied "yes" and gave all my payment details but also queried the very early reminder. Josh *** replied to say the reminder was sent in error because of "bugs" in the system, that my concerns had been raised and would be addressed.  He also assured me my new contract would not take effect until my existing one expired on 2 January 2013. However, in the meantime, I have decided to migrate all my utilities (gas, electric, phone and broadband) to Utilities Warehouse - and this will happen before 2 January 2013.  I raised another query about the line rental renewal sent in error and had an email from a Kerstie *** who has informed me that the line rental saver is a non-refundable payment after 10 days.  I do not understand this as I am covered until 2 January 2013 under my current contract.  Secondly, I have not cancelled my account yet and understand that Utilities Warehouse can't and won't cancel it for me.  They will write to Plusnet advising that I've requested they take over the services. They then agree a date with Plusnet and write to me to confirm. Plusnet will/should get in touch with me to confirm I wish to leave.  The last thing I want is to end up without a service.

Agent's full names removed from public forum. David (spraxyt)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:31:05 pm by spraxyt »
mfmlob

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2012, 06:38:32 pm »

I have since spoken to Lisa (a person, hurrah!) who has been most helpful.  She patiently explained and sorted the confusion in my mind between contract and payment and also explained the moving procedure with ref to a MAC code, how to go about it and the time scales involved.  Most importantly, she assured me that I would not be without my telephone or BB service until the cancellation/move was finalised.  Whew!  Panic over!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: