Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Deceased customer - but how do I stop the emails?
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deceased customer - but how do I stop the emails?  (Read 2515 times)
Michelle

« on: November 18, 2011, 09:27:51 pm »

I wonder how I can remove my email address from a plus adsl account which 'belongs' to a customer who died some weeks ago - frustratingly, because my email address was associated with the account when it was set up (simply so progress emails would be seen by me until the account was established & setup), I am now being inundated with emails telling me that the account is in default, asking the account holder to pay up.

I've tried phoning plus support, but no one seems interested that the account holder has died - but that doesn't help me to stop the emails that are coming to me - and about which I can do nothing.

So... if anyone from plus reads this, will you please get in touch with me to stop the emails - give me a call or send me an email (you know my details!) and maybe I - at least - can be taken out of the loop about which I can't do a damn thing!!

Thanks guys - and please, consider if your systems for deceased customers are as helpful as they might be for those of us receiving the fallout!!

Michelle

(who knows she's a seasoned IT professional, because the people offering her support weren't even born when she booted her first PC)
Midnight Caller

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 01:51:10 am »

I have sent a PM to Bob Pullen to see if he can help you!

[Edit]

Woops it may be Monday before Bob can get to have a look
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 01:55:20 am by Midnight Caller »

Force9
Force9 Since 3 July 1998

PlusNet
PlusNet Since 6 Febuary 2001
nadger
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 10:25:29 am »

As Gary has said, it may be Monday before Bob can contact you.

I fully agree that this email situation reflects badly on the system and is only adding to people's distress.

It should have been sorted as soon as you phoned support.

Regards

John
Michelle

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 02:10:57 am »

Monday came & went - sadly no one from plus seems to have been in touch - ah well....

Michelle

(who knows she's a seasoned IT professional, because the people offering her support weren't even born when she booted her first PC)
jpilson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 11:59:42 am »

HI Michelle,

Thank you for your time, I can confirm this has now been done.

Jojo Smiley

Joanne Pilson
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email :: Twitter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: