Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Terrible service caused by Openreach/Plusnet relationship
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Terrible service caused by Openreach/Plusnet relationship  (Read 12336 times)
Spooky

« on: November 05, 2011, 08:20:44 am »

I have been very happy with Plusnet until 3 weeks ago when my line started to crackle and broadband reduced to 280kbs.  Since then I have been reduced to shouting at the Plusnet customer service staff down the line mainly because the line quality is so poor.  I admit to being so frustrated that I have even shouted at them out of pure anger at times which is not my personality at all!

My complaint is that every time I have contacted Plusnet I have had to register the problem and wait for BT Openreach to service it which can take up to 72 hours.  The BT engineer then contacts me and tells me the problem is sorted only for me to come home and find it is not.  In at least one case it has been even worse.  Over 3 weeks we have had

numerous calls to Plusnet, and texts in return
 disconnected all phonoes and connected only to the test socket,
Two checks by BT finding no problem, 
physical check by BT/Plusnet which found a problem,   
 one visit to the house by a BT broadband engineer who admitted the BT socket was faulty and changed it.  He said however that in his view the problem was still there and the line joints needed to be tested.  He wasn't trained for this.  He arranged for another BT engineer to be notified of the fault.
  The next BT engineer found a faulty solder joint at the exchange and 'sorted it'.  He called me to tell me it was sorted.
The phone connection was even worse going from duplex to single - when I speak the sound of the caller is cut off
I called Plusnet for the umpteenth time to say the problem was still there even though the second engineer had checked the exchange etc
I got two texts from Plusnet telling me that the problem had been escalated to a BT manager who had said a second engineer had been sent to the exchange following the 'wrong' engineer coming out the day before - ie basically what I had told Plusnet just earlier apart from the 'wrong' bit
I range Plusnet that night (Friday) and said the problem was still there after having sent text and email with no response.
Monday - no contact so rang Plusnet.  Appointment was arranged for BT engineer (yet again) to call - on Friday (!) morning.
Another week of poor or no service.
Friday lunch time.  No engineer.
Called Plusnet and told would contact engineer who would call me.
Engineer called and left a message on my mobile to say all problems sorted.
Returned home to find service just as bad.  Noise on phone line and rubbish broadband.
Another Friday evening hanging on a poor phone line to Plusnet complaining.
Current situation?
Plusnet have noted the service is still not working although have yet to hear from BT. I have still poor phone service and broadband although I know I should wait 72 hours to see if the speed resets itself but given the noise on line that is a fat chance.
Every call to Plusnet seems to result in a request for BT to do something within 72 hours - ie 3 days delay every time.
Does anyone wonder at my frustration?

Please Plusnet, You are my service provider.  BT is your service provider.  Please check your contract with them and take action to ensure your customers receive the service they are paying for.  You are obviously not being provided with a service of sufficient quality.  I am checking my contract with you.  At the very least you are in breach.

Your very angry, very frustrated customer now entering the fourth week with crap service from you.

I am sorry if this may offend anyone and breach some forum rule or other but since I am unable to elevate this above the level of the customer side agents I deal with I am left with little choice.
Oldjim

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 03:55:59 pm »

Are Plusnet your phone provider as a crackle on the line is normally fixed much quicker by raising a noise fault and not mentioning broadband
mjtaylor

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 04:33:23 pm »

Hi Spooky,

Really sorry about the way this has gone, though I'm happy to advise that one of our faults agents has now taken this on as a personal ticket and will provide you with daily updates so you'll know what's happening. We'll endeavour to get this fixed for you as soon as we possibly can.

Please update us if this doesn't seem to be happening and we'll make sure to chase things for you.

Regards,

Matt Taylor
Plusnet Support
bobmilton

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 01:00:38 am »

Try openreach.service.desk@openreach.co.uk
richwil

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2013, 10:12:41 am »

This seems to me symptomatic of a general lack of liaison between plusnet and the rest of BT: it's as if they were still separate, competing companies with their own agendas and priorities.
Oldjim

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2013, 10:28:13 am »

They are effectively separate companies and OFCOM rules are that Plusnet and BT retail must be treated exactly the same as all other ISPs when dealing with BT Openreach
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: