Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Info on legacy Home Surf required
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Info on legacy Home Surf required  (Read 3023 times)
uasreg

« on: April 27, 2011, 01:23:24 pm »

TBH I was not sure where to put this!

For a relative I am trying to find if any FUP smiley smiley exists for the product; at what bandwidth usage it is applied, and how. I guess that if FUP applies then some traffic will get higher priority than others?

Thank you in anticipation.
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:40:19 pm »

Information on Home Surf is rather hard to come by but my understanding is that it was similar to the Legacy Broadband Plus account. Information on the latter can be found in the product archive here.

The VMBU (View My Broadband Usage) page in the Member Centre should show the current peak time and bandwidth allowances for your relative's Home Surf product.

Is your relative considering a product change, perhaps to Plusnet Value?

David
uasreg

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 05:24:40 pm »

Thank you for the prompt reply smiley

He and partner both use in connection with their professions, up and down loading files---, and also have kids who need to use connection. He told me they had been slowed from time to time. She connects with Aruba ( not sure how traffic through that is classed); I think he normally.
I'm also uncertain, but doubt they use web space. However I believe PHS also gave out static IP addresses, and wonder whether for their usage losing it would be a problem.

My motive is to help them get the best for the least for the situation.

Somewhat OT. Generally they use modern laptops, but also the family use a decade old XP desktop. Can that adversely affect what they can deal with if that is also on?
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:56:33 pm »

That's a very old product, I think it was withdrawn from sale around 2004(ish) - around the time I was looking at getting broadband.  I'd be amazed if they couldn't get a better product from Plus now that was also cheaper, especially if they are living in a Market 3 exchange area.

In light of how loyal they have been to Plusnet I'm sure something could be sorted out if there were any little extras like webspace or static IP's that they desperately needed to keep if upgrading to a modern account.
Oldjim

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 03:31:44 pm »

All upgrades to current products retain the extras automatically but it is always worth replying to the upgrade ticket saying you want to keep them
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: