Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » No Response
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Response  (Read 3535 times)
quixotics

« on: January 15, 2011, 02:47:53 pm »

Just signed up for the FTTC trial. I have 2 lines and wanted it installed on my main one so I could do away with the second. Did they listen, did they read my tickets, did the customer service manager respond to my letter, No. Even the community forum  has a bug  so I cannnot see or hear the verification image to send a message. So along came BT and attached it to my second line.
Now I am using the increased speed to research an alternative provider for when the trial ends.

I do not know what is happening to them when I joined up to Force9 the customer and technical help was great.....ah well thats progress and I cannot speak with anyone so can only vote with my feet as it were........ Angry
mjtaylor

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:18:57 am »

Hi quixotics,

Unfortunately the only account details we are able to find for you are the ones linked to this forum account and this is the account that has been provided on the fibre trial. Please can you PM me with your other account username so I can investigate this for you?

Regards,

Matt Taylor
Plusnet Support
jelv1

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 04:14:39 pm »

Was the FTTC put on the line where you had your Plusnet broadband? If that wasn't the line you wanted it on you should have moved the broadband over to the other line first.

jelv
jelv1

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 04:31:07 pm »

You should also note that moving your broadband connection from one line to another counts as a home move requiring either paying up front, or a commitment to stay with Plusnet for a year.

jelv
XPC exiled in NZ

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:14:53 am »

Jelv,

My reading of the situation is that the customer has two broadband accounts (A) and (B). They wanted the FTTC trial installed on (A) but Plusnet have installed it on (B). Of course my understanding my be wrong too!!!  wink

If this is the case, did the OP write the request for FTTC trial from the portal logged in as (B), as that might explain why the ticket request for it to be installed on (A) wasn't noticed. It would be understandable to install it on the account it was requested from in the portal...

Mike
mjtaylor

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 10:30:17 am »

No, he has one account but two lines and wanted to move the service over to the other line at the same time as fibre was provided (one line is the one on the account, the other is just a phone line as far as we know). It doesn't look like this was done unfortunately though likewise it wasn't put through as a move broadband request, it was just asked on the fibre ticket.

I'll have a word with the agents who picked up the ticket and see what we can do regarding the move but I'm not sure if it's too late now.

Regards,

Matt Taylor
Plusnet Support
jelv1

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 12:53:08 pm »

It's now clear that the OP wanted two separate things: an upgrade to FTTC and a home move to move his broadband to a separate line.

I suggest asking BT to do both operations at the same time (knowing their propensity for getting things wrong) would have been very very risky. In any case I don't believe there can be two pending orders on one BT line at the same time so I don't think Plusnet could have ordered it anyway.

So it has to be two separate operations and I suppose the order they are done doesn't make a lot of difference (I think I'd have done the move first however). Now the FTTC has been installed it's a home move to switch the service to the other line. Home moves as I posted above are either paid up front or need a commitment to stay for a year.

Something that has occurred to me is that the charge levied by BT for moving an FTTC line may be somewhat higher than a normal broadband move which will all be done at the exchange. Has the Plusnet price for a FTTC move been set?

Plusnet's FTTC is a trial and customers are not being charged for the upgrade. Home moves will be a fact when FTTC is fully released, is this not a golden opportunity for Plusnet to trial the procedure and absorb the cost?

jelv
XPC exiled in NZ

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:34 pm »

It'd have been a house move either way, whether done before or after the FTTC was installed (so it would always have necessitated the customer paying or committing to 12 months... so nothing is different now (unless FTTC is more expensive to move!)

As Jelv says, this could be an excellent opportunity for Plusnet to see how a house move on FTTC goes. Well worth having one of those under your belt during this trial!

I'm presuming that a new provide can be issued directly for FTTC (or will be able to be when the product goes live). It'd be silly for Openreach to connect ADSL at the exchange etc and then to separately to visit the exchange again so change that to FTTC (which presumably means undoing some of the ADSL provide).

Hopefully between you, you can find a good solution for Plusnet and the Customer.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: