Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » No phone & no internet for a month.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: No phone & no internet for a month.  (Read 5828 times)
gpsmout

« on: December 02, 2010, 06:48:43 pm »

This is a bit of a saga, not actually of PN's making but it shows just how terrible BT's Openreach dept , who are meant to fix physical line faults for PN/ BT customers, have become.  My friends and neighbours has been without a phone or internet service for 4 weeks now. They are Plus Net customers and their BT line went down after very heavy winds. (Why do PN/BT/Openreach always say there is no fault on a line when you cannot use your phone or internet service?)  after denying there were any problems at all, Openreach took more than a week to look at the problem and then came late on a Sunday afternoon & made an assessment; part of the line needs to be replaced  as it is damaged - (we could have told them that to begin with), two men will be needed and a BLUE LADDER!! We'll see you tomorrow.   

Two further weeks passed with almost daily promises of attention but no- one ever turned up. After being given a personal customer service rep, and many promises of action,  the BT rep finally admitted that they have no control over engineers who prefer to get three or four smaller jobs done each day rather than a big outdoor repair. Despite being classed a priority there is in fact no priority.  Then last week on Saturday, at dusk,  an engineer came on his own. He said he couldn't do anything as the job was too big, he needed a BLUE LADDER and a mate. Since then it has snowed heavily and of Openreach, no sign at all.

Meanwhile on my neighbours Plus Net member centre faults report, there has been a another saga, as PN sway between responding that  the fault has been fixed, which it has not, and being dealt with by the wrong department. How many departments do faults need?
It is now 4 weeks into a fault with no sign of it ever being fixed.

We are writing this from my house which fortunately has had a really good internet service and my pal come over  to answer his emails and do his on line business. However my friends are so fed up with the false promises from their BT priority customer service rep that I have decided I must to do something to help them .

It's not until you are off line for a month in a remote rural area, that realise just how vital that internet connection has become and to be treated so contemptuously by a major company is just disgusting really. My friends  deserve  at least, a   personal visit from a high level Openreach person, an apology and some kind of compensation. Don't you agree?
jelv1

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 08:40:48 pm »

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/service-problems/delayed-repairs/

jelv
gpsmout

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 09:41:51 pm »

Thanks : I'm aware of this process: However, I don't see that what it says is of any help to a customer with a damaged line who is being given untruthful statements by  customer services representatives. 8 weeks is a heck of a long time to wait to get your phone fixed. Basically it says,  "if we cant be bothered to fix a fault on our  system then we wont bother". I wonder why they even bother to answer the phone if they are not going to do anything to get it fixed? What a way to run a business.
gpsmout

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:06:36 pm »

Has anyone any interest in this issue? These Plus Net customers are now into 5 weeks without phone or internet. No one seems to be interested at BT
jpilson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 11:36:34 am »

HI gpsmout,

I'm sorry to hear of your friends' issues. I would be happy to help and if you post their ticket number or PM their username I'll look into it further.

Jojo Smiley

Joanne Pilson
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email :: Twitter
gpsmout

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 02:01:38 pm »

Thanks Jojo : have pm'd you. I hope you have more success than we have had so far.
Graham
jpilson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 02:26:44 pm »

Hi gpsmout,

I've one of our senior faults team checking this and he will call your friend shortly with the next step.

Jojo Smiley

Joanne Pilson
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email :: Twitter
gpsmout

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 04:36:29 pm »

OK Thanks JoJo : he will appreciate it if something does indeed get done, but people do keep calling him with promises of progress,  but nothing ever gets done! That's the problem. He was given a senior BT Openreach customer services personal contact who promised the fault would be fixed more than two weeks ago and it wasn't. Eventually this person told him that they actually have no control whatsoever over what BT's Openreach engineers decide to do.(or not do). They can only flag the fault as urgent or not. The other problem, which I have seen repeated many times elsewhere on these forums, is that job notes are not passed on between engineers which means that they waste an awful lot of time going over the same ground as regards diagnosis and specific needs for a job, eg. whether longer ladders, cherry pickers or more than one man is needed. This all points to a very poorly managed service at Openreach and they must be loosing a lot of money as a result of engineers being dispatched to jobs which they cannot do and therefore wasting their time. Regards. Graham
gpsmout

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 05:10:28 pm »

hi Jo Jo, thanks for kick starting some action.

Graham
XPC exiled in NZ

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 05:13:01 pm »

Graham,

Lots of sympathy.

It doesn't take much reading of the Plusnet forums to see that Openreach is the cause of lots of problems. Their "2 hour time limit" per problem and the lack of continuity and ownership of problems, means that the same simple diagnostics are being done over and over again on most jobs. I feel sorry for Plusnet in these cases! They genuinely seem to care more than most, and really go the extra mile to extract what they can from the broken systems... but Openreach are causing the problems, and companies like Plusnet take the flack!

Here's hoping that a couple of BT guys with a blue ladder are dispatched asap!

Mike
gpsmout

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 06:53:51 pm »

Thanks for your sympathy Mike; I really feel somehow we should try and do some thing to expose Openreach's poor fault management process. One supposes they use computers to manage their systems. Are they up to the task? And what exactly is is Blue Ladder? Do they have green or red ones as well? Graham
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 07:53:39 pm »

And what exactly is is Blue Ladder? Do they have green or red ones as well?

Behold the BT equivalent of rocking horse poo, the elusive blue ladder.
gpsmout

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 11:13:00 am »

Still no sign of the engineers. BT faults now claim that as this his has changed to a Plus Net managed phone line its nothing to do with them.
XPC exiled in NZ

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 01:19:36 pm »

BT Faults would be for BT (Retail?) customers only.

The fault needs logging through Plusnet (which I assume it was), who then arrange for BT Openreach (who manage the physical lines & equipment), to come out and fix the problem. Regulations say that BT Openreach  have to respond to all faults equitably, and not give preference to BT Retail etc.
(I'm sure you already know this though)

Did the line switch over to Plusnet in the middle of this fault, or have you not tried BT Faults before?

Mike
gpsmout

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 01:42:43 pm »

It switched to PN in the middle of the fault. That's presumably why they have now disowned it...
And not surprisingly, no one has been out to look at the fault.
Graham
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:09:43 pm by gpsmout »
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: