Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Quality of service
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quality of service  (Read 3146 times)
eugeneg

« on: November 12, 2010, 07:34:41 pm »

Speaking as someone with a few years experience as a PN customer, who works 'in the trade' and has about 80 referrals of my clients to PN, I would like to know if other people have noticed what I perceive to be a drop in service.

I started recommending PN when they were the biggest of the 2nd tier ISPs.  The price was right and customer service good.  That means that when I called with a clients' problem I could speak with someone technically knowledgeable on equal terms, for whom English was a first language and with the power to act on a fault.  Often I would speak with the same person on different calls.

Recently, possibly since the BT takeover but that may be coincidental, I seem to be having to fight harder to get my clients the service they should expect.  The 'technical support' people are 1st line call handlers and appear to be able to do little other than relog the call to the appropriate fault team.  Tickets go unanswered for days - not even a note to say that someone is still actively working on the problem. 

I currently have had a non-connection call open for a week without any apparent activity.  Admittedly this may be due to BTW's lethargy or overwork, but I would still appreciate a PN representative taking ownership of the problem and fighting my clients' cause. 

Another client had his home phone disconnected when he reached the arbitrary credit limit.  No warning was sent and a 5.76 fee was levied.  The Customer Service rep I spoke to had no authority to reverse the unreasonable charge or change the credit limit.  I got the impression he just didn't care about helping his customer.  Of course someone in PN must have set these rules but there was no one I could discuss this with.  Computer said 'no' and that is final.

Have others noticed the decline at PN get too big or am I just growing to be a grumpy old man ?
poppy

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 04:52:29 pm »

No, I don't think that you are a GOM.  Not sure if you are aware that call handling in Durban has been discontinued and all is returned to Sheffield.  Alas this plus a huge nationwide advertising campaign has led to huge call queues.  Plusnet have taken on large numbers of staff to cope with this but inevitably it will be some time before they are all working up to speed and become more confident.  Hopefully someone from the staff will be along to explain better than me.
I too am a long-time Force 9  customer and yes, things are different now but there are still some super and helpful staff around.

Force 9
Joined 03 June 2004
bpullen
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 07:52:42 pm »

Another client had his home phone disconnected when he reached the arbitrary credit limit.  No warning was sent and a 5.76 fee was levied.  The Customer Service rep I spoke to had no authority to reverse the unreasonable charge or change the credit limit.

An email notice should have been sent and I'm not aware of any problems in this area so I'd be interested in taking a look at this. Likewise, assuming you were talking to our Customer Services department then they should have the authority to increase credit limits. Worth noting they'll only do this if the customer has been good with payments in the past.

poppy

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 07:59:30 pm »

Bob - this happened to one of my referrals several months ago. It wasn't her fault - the children were on school holidays and ran the bill up to the credit limit unbeknown to mum.
My friend doesn't check her emails often but I looked and could not find one about this issue.
I had a thread running on the other forum as I believe that telephones should not have outward bound calls stopped unless someone from PN has actually discussed it with the customer over the telephone.  James sorted it for us and now things are better but I am not sure what the policy is on this.  It really would be preferable for a call to be made (IMO).

Force 9
Joined 03 June 2004
eugeneg

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 09:49:03 pm »

Another client had his home phone disconnected when he reached the arbitrary credit limit.  No warning was sent and a 5.76 fee was levied.  The Customer Service rep I spoke to had no authority to reverse the unreasonable charge or change the credit limit.

An email notice should have been sent and I'm not aware of any problems in this area so I'd be interested in taking a look at this. Likewise, assuming you were talking to our Customer Services department then they should have the authority to increase credit limits. Worth noting they'll only do this if the customer has been good with payments in the past.

The customer in question has an impeccable payment record.  He is on the Pro package with PN but was so annoyed that he has now taken a new phone line and is about to receive broadband on that from another ISP. I believe his plan is to migrate away once the dust settles. 

I personally spoke with Tech Support on his behalf, then with Customer support and I explicitly asked that the call credit limit be increased but was told that this could not be done.  The fact that I (with several years impeccable record with PN and scores of referees) was willing vouch for this customer was not of worth.

No warning mail was sent.  I chose my word 'sent' carefully to emphasise that this is not a lost in spam item.  I checked through the service records and there is no entry indicating a warning being sent. 

I'm happy to pass on usernames if any PN staff care to mail or PM me.  However my initial point was a general one lamenting the type of ISP that I remember PN as being 2 or 3 years ago.  Being 'in the trade' used to enable us to cut out the (understandable) initial routine patter and get to a solution faster, these days I never speak to the same PN person twice so no rapport is built up.  I wonder if there could be named customer account managers assigned to the likes of me.
mjtaylor

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 09:56:39 am »

Hi eugeneg,

Just dropped you a PM - thanks, and sorry to hear about this. Hopefully I'll be able to shed some light on the situation.

Regards,

Matt Taylor
Plusnet Support
XPC exiled in NZ

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 04:10:22 pm »

I had a vague memory that Plusnet Partner Programme was hopefully meant to mop up some of the bigger referrers and possibly offer customers like you a better level of support to enable to you to support your customers better. (Although I could been mistaken!)

Not sure if that aspect ever transpired from the project though, or whether the Partner Programme only went down the "white label" route.

I know Mark Kelly (ex-Usergroup member who joined Plusnet staff) was very involved in that area, although not sure it is his primary area any more... I know he is still passionate about it!

He'd certainly know if there were ways that Plusnet could help you to keep and expand your customer base! Wink

Although Matt Taylor might already have that in hand...

Keep us posted of the outcome of your PMs!  cool

Mike
Mark Kelly

Ex Plusnet Staff 2006 - 2012

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 01:12:25 pm »

I Mike. Partner is most definately one of my primary areas of responsibility Smiley

Further details of our Partner Programme can be found here.http://www.plus.net/business/partner/

Key deciders rest on:

Do you bill your end users and do you support your end users directly, ie provide first line support.

If the answer to both is yes then Partner may be the way forward.

Drop me a PM for further info or use the Sales Enquiries link on the page linked to above.

Mark

Kind regards,
Mark Kelly
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: