Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » OK...I'm getting hacked off now...
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OK...I'm getting hacked off now...  (Read 5326 times)
leodis

« on: July 17, 2010, 05:21:42 pm »

I've had slow speeds for weeks, should be up to 6 Meg, getting 200k ish

I've had a BT twit er sorry 'inguneer', then an openreach bloke who was fine - did a bit of fiddling with the local connection, but we had a power cut so I couldn't check the speed with my kit when he was here

I've posted ANOTHER entry on the latest ticket, any advice on how to get this progressed it's taking a stupid amount of my time up?
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 12:00:41 am »

The Digital Care Team might pick this up on Monday but need a ticket number to identify you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 01:36:39 pm »

Hi leodis,

We're sorry to see that this has been dragging on somewhat. I can definitely agree with you on the point of your equipment not being the cause of the fault here as it's clear that you have tried out some alternate equipment in order to rule this out. Where as its not clear what the exact cause of the fault is we'd like to recommend another engineer visit having made some recommendations to the engineers first to rule out some likely factors in this.

I understand that you may be reluctant to arrange this but I would like to reassure you that given the status of your fault we now have options to request an engineer visit without the usual 2 hour time limit and also request that a more senior and knowledgeable engineer is dispatched.

Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with this
leodis

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 05:12:09 pm »

my ticket ID is 33865156

I've lived here over 6 years, I have this kind of problem on numerous occasions over the years, I've even had Oftel get BT to pay me compensation for the runaround I've had in the past.  I accept I live in the sticks somewhat and the exchange is probably coal powered...but

The problem is not in the vicinity of my house it's further up the line, believe me I know what packet corruption is and what happens on IP as a consequence I am a senior systems engineer at a blue chip.  I'm sick to death of pointing the obvious out, and sending some fob off person who thinks golden retriever fur can interfere with ADSL (NO I am NOT kidding  cry) or thinks that 4 ethernet cables is 'a lot', or that a DC power lines can cause problems is not my idea of service, it's just a plain waste of time.  Bog standard joe public might swallow that rubbish but I'm not.  Taking whole days leave off to cater for this is not an option either now

I'm off to go and hit my head on my desk for some time...
leodis

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 05:14:50 pm »

PS

"Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with this"

YES PRETTY PLEASE WITH SUGAR ON TOP  huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 03:37:37 pm »

Hi Leodis,

No problem, I've just spoken with an engineer interventions team at BT Wholesale and they are suggesting one last remote check before I go ahead and book the afore mentioned engineer for you. Namely that is to run checks on the virtual paths between the exchange and the rest of the ADSL network to see if they are running to or beyond their capacity. I believe this would be a good idea and could save you the inconvenience of another visit if any problems are identified.

Please bear with us and we should have an outcome to this within the next 24 hours. Could you let me know what your availability is like for an engineer visit this week in the meantime please?

Adam

leodis

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:08:31 pm »

OK, I'm having a sense of humour failure now.

BT no showed on Friday, this was rearranged for today, Monday...NO SHOW

I've phoned the front desk and I can have someone come round ...next Monday, because we can't be in from 8 till 1 or whatever.  This is pathetic, not only can I now supposedly have a narrower time slot (as I had on a previous visit), I need someone YET AGAIN to come to my home, when the problem is at the exchange.  I've had this problem over half a dozen times over the years, it's the exchange!!!  ALL the wiring round my house has been checked, if someone asks me to change routers again I'm gonna scream.

Is there a higher complaints service like BT have?
leodis

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 01:14:37 pm »

...By the way, I have NO BROADBAND now it's utterly dead, I'm on dial up.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
XPC exiled in NZ

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 01:43:08 pm »

Lots of sympathy... not that it helps you!

The BT engineer booking system appears to be totally ineffective for Broadband faults. I don't mean to add gloom, but I've read reports of people having 15 or more BT visits all in 2 hour chunks... and the same few tests being done over and over again on each repeated visit before they run out of time and clear off.

Plusnet are generally very good at attempting to wring every drop of effectiveness out of BTs flawed system, but there is only so much they can do when faced with this mess.

Most BT engineers I've had in the past have been OK (not astounding but certainly reasonable and methodical)... with only a few rising to the ranks of exceptional (and sadly a few sinking to incompetent!)... but ALL of them are then constrained by a booking "system" that limits all their skills to a very below par overall service due to:- 2 hour slots not being long enough to find and fix the fault; then notes & findings from past appointments not being passed on so each engineer starts at the beginning again every time; and worse, specific requests from Plusnet being blatantly ignored and the engineer doing their own thing etc etc. The end result doesn't paint a good picture.

The only thing I can recommend is try to remain patient with Plusnet, and give them all the evidence they need to escalate this to get the quickest fix by BT. As frustrated as you must be, don't bite the hand that feeds you... I suspect that although they can't publicly say so, the Plusnet faults team are probably as frustrated by BT as you are... but stick with it... Plusnet will chase the fault through their escalation channels and will get you a fix as quick as they can!

Mike

leodis

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 03:59:20 pm »

thanks Mike, I'm not annoyed with Plusnet actually, I'm very hacked off with BT.  The local exchange here is coal fired, I've a lot of experience with IP networks as I've said, and I've had money from BT by command of Oftel for poor service previously.

To add injury to insult, I'm paying the best part of 20 quid for rubbish service and now no service at all.  Having a BT 'engineer' (boy does that term annoy me, they're technicians) just not show up is just plain ignorant.

Is there not some way I can get on BTs back?  After all Plusnet IS part of BT...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: