Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Plusnet Exchange Market based pricing policies
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plusnet Exchange Market based pricing policies  (Read 20580 times)
nadger
Usergroup Member

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2010, 10:40:49 am »

Good result and one of those times when it's nice to be proved wrong  smiley

Regards

John
knocksilla

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, 05:03:38 pm »

I know this ended last September but I am in the same position in my exchange in Omagh (NIOM).
Even when the last consultation went out in August 2010 we have still been listed as a Market 2 exchange, when since July 2010 we have had AOL, Sky, TalkTalk and BT in the exchange and it serves more than 10,000 premises.
I queried this with Plusnet and raised tickets about it but got the same response: "It's Ofcom that sets the market" excuse and I also contacted Ofcom and complained and got the same "It's up to the ISP" excuse from them!
Lets be honest, it's all about money and as long as an exchange is Market 1 or 2 there is more money to be made from it but it sticks in my throat that no-one will be accountable for this mess nor will ISPs be honest or decent and do the right thing. If the ISPs complained to BTw surely BTw could complain to Ofcom and have the exchange reviewed, or is that too sensible?
MauriceB
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2011, 01:52:37 pm »

Sorry to be the bearer of news that you probably don't want to hear, but it IS OFCOM that is responsible for setting the Market boundaries.  These boundaries then set the wholesale price that BT charge to the ISP's for providing their services.  Plusnet is generally very responsive in reflecting these changes in the Market price to affected users (including being generous where the effect of the Market change is to downgrade the exchange status.) 

Of course it's true that ISP's can and do lobby OFCOM and BT for improved pricing, but as in many other walks of life - Want doesn't always get!.

Maurice
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: