Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » The Chit-Chat Channel » Large-scale attack on WordPress
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Large-scale attack on WordPress  (Read 4368 times)
Midnight Caller

« on: May 11, 2010, 10:05:58 am »

Hi All

Just seen this:
According to various reports, in the past few days a number of websites created using WordPress have been hacked. While the attack initially appeared to be limited to web sites hosted by American ISP DreamHost, it has since become apparent that blogs hosted at GoDaddy, Bluehost and Media Temple have also been affected. Unconfirmed reports by WPSecurityLock suggest that other PHP-based management systems, such as the Zen Cart eCommerce solution, have also been targeted.

Force9
Force9 Since 3 July 1998

PlusNet
PlusNet Since 6 Febuary 2001
SRD

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:42:59 pm »

Just before Christmas there was a concerted attack on Joomla based hosts, I had three sites down for nearly 3 weeks on and off as the original hackers posted the code on a hackers site and others used it.  The host I used had a system that meant they only kept the latest back-up and they managed to back-up just after the first attack so, unless you had your up to date sites saved elsewhere, you lost the lot.
dvorak

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:49:09 am »

Yeah sorry about that, if I'd have know you used it I wouldn't have posted it  tongue
SRD

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 02:12:38 pm »

You would have needed to post that in Latin American Spanish for me to believe you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: