Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Service Status (CS Stats)
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Service Status (CS Stats)  (Read 2145 times)
Ultra

« on: March 09, 2010, 10:03:48 pm »

Sorry if this has come up in the last 6-12 months, but searches for closure brought up a heck of a lot of other items.  After a significant gap (approx 4 years) since I was last using PlusNet broadband, I am in the process of upgrading my 'dial-up' {unused} account to BB Premium, and was rather shocked to see the statistics on the CS stats page and found 'Connection faults statistics' and 'Question Handling Statistics' where the former showed a target of 7 days and the average as 6d 17h 30m, while for question handling, the target closure time is 4 hours, and average is 18 hours, 10 minutes.

I know that statistics are a really technical area (30+ years since I was doing much, and no, I don't want a fresh lession on mean, median, etc) but it struck me that 'average' is really not what is needed, some sort of histogram would be better, so that there could be (say) one axis consisting of the number of hours (or quarter days, for connection fault problems) and the second axis a scale (logarithmic if necessary) showing the number of cases closed within that time span. 

I am assuming that there are a multiple really lengthy times for responses (do things like requests to be beta testers, which might in the past have left tickets open for days, still get included) for the average to be 18 hours, and suspect the vast majority are well below 10 hours, if not getting close to the 4 hour target.

As for line faults, it just looks like the target was set to enable staff to confirm 'we are below the target time' (and I am sure that if these are going out to BT, to be honest there needs to be some log showing what portions of time are down to PN delays and separately, down to BT delays).

Just my 2p...  I am not worried that I might not get a ticket response within 24 hours, because I already have internet access, it is just that I don't like statistics to become 'da*n lies' (and show PN in a bad light at the same time) !
jelv1

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:31:17 pm »

Pray that you don't get a fault!

Plusnet have been doing a significant amount of advertising, meaning a lot of new users - and when are users most likely to encounter problems?

The support staff are badly overloaded and in spite of promises that they are recruiting we are not seeing much evidence of things getting better. sad

jelv
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:48:37 pm »

Those are pretty reasonable observations.  Yes, you're right the "average" is pretty meaningless as it depends on the type of issue and what parties are involved in dealing with it.

However a graph like you suggest might paint a better picture of the recent figures, but presents its own problems.  Make the sampling period too short and one or two good or bad calls could skew the data and make the graphs wildly innacurate.  Make the sample period too long and again the averaging makes the graph meaningless at representing the state of things at the current point in time.

Welcome back to Plusnet & PUG by the way. smiley
Ultra

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 02:37:33 pm »

Sadly, I can now see how overloaded...

I know "patience is a virtue" but had not expected to be able to see a ticket that's been sitting in a queue for 19 hours (all but 5 minutes).  Anyway, I am patient, and it is not urgent, and I had considered starting the 'upgrade' back onto PN broadband a week from today, but it looks like it is a good job I started this early.  I will still have use of the Three mobile dongle, 'just in case' however, but once connected I suppose I should be able to hope for a reasonable experience.  (Famous last words!)

(And just in case someone from PN does wonder which ticket, it is  32419866  !!)
Ultra

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 04:34:36 pm »

Yikes - nearly 21 hours now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: