Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » PUG site refresh and tidy up
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PUG site refresh and tidy up  (Read 8706 times)
MauriceB
Administrator

« on: November 08, 2009, 03:22:58 pm »

Over the past year, the PUG site has lacked a bit of TLC in many of the Product and Technical areas accessed via the left hand navigation Menu.  Work is now in hand to either refresh the pages and bring them up to date or to archive them.  Some pages will effectively be retired whilst others which may still have valuable (though out of date) information will be made available via a 'Historical Data' link.

It has also been recognised that PUG Forum traffic has reduced to fraction of the volume that it had in its heydays of two years ago.  A recognition that the success of the Community Forums has now removed much of the need for having such a large overlap of functionality.  Of course a number of Users will still find it useful to have an alternative to Community so we propose to retain the Forum function but to reduce the scope by merging some of the existing threads. This should result in a slightly 'cleaner' and less cluttered looking layout. angel

Maurice

EDIT:  Work is ongoing - many pages have now been archived or brought up to date.  Not the least being the long grind to replace PlusNet with Plusnet angel

M

« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:42:41 pm by MauriceB »
Ultra

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 06:58:28 pm »

Just to comment on the sad news I read on the 'front page' as I remember many helpful posts, but of lesser importance (in the greater scheme of things) can I point out that it might be worth adding a further post as an announcment to bring visitors up to date regarding the 'Value' account now not being limited to 'up to 8 Mbps'.  Was it not considered worthwhile back in August ? (perhaps based on lower visitor numbers here - I suppose the 6 'guests' while I post this are PlusNet staff just keeping their eyes open in case something too abusive gets posted).

I was a little surprised that this higher speed option was made available (as it struck me back in April that is was a distinct difference between 'Value' and 'Extra' which might encourage some to switch to Extra). 

However, if one happens to view the posted items below that about Douglas Clark, one announces Extra ('Plusnet to offer something Extra' including the distinction) and the other being the table showing ADSL 1 ('New Product Set, New Comparison Tool') one could be forgiven for assuming that the lower speed is still in force.

Well, thanks for looking...   

Peter.    (PS I still prefer to use PlusNet Smiley )

spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 02:06:01 pm »

Thanks for drawing attention to the outdated information concerning Value. You're right, an updated article is needed; I'll put that in hand.

David
Ultra

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 08:29:35 pm »

Thanks David.  Might be worth linking to the comparison tool, in such an article.

I spotted that (having switched from Premium to Extra) the Extra account has some speed restrictions on downloading which Value doesn't.  I didn't ever have BBYW however, which seems to have even fewer restrictions (though academic on my line, with only about 1500 kbps download speed at present... though who knows what might be possible if FTTC ever comes along!)
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: