Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Extra charges - is it a scam?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Extra charges - is it a scam?  (Read 12647 times)
d3r3l1ct

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2012, 12:51:25 am »

I have noticed every month i go near my usage allowance that if i view a text only page for a few seconds it uses 300mb to nearly a GB, it boots me over the usage allowance, i am very careful in avoiding this, sometimes i won't go online and it would show up that it's been used anyway. I live alone. I confronted them about this and they told me it was peer to peer activity within the two days i queried, fact was I blocked all peer to peer activity and they didn't know what to say apart from "we'll send you a report", which proves nothing as it is them just repeating themselves. The report I received was a feeble one, a few numbers.. basically them telling me what my usage breakdown would tell me anyway, my word against theirs. When i checked my usage after midnight at the time I was approaching my 60gb allowance, i view a text page for 2 minutes and it showed up as 133mb all day, and really it used nearly a GB, twice I have calculated the usage from when I use it normally at the beginning of the month to near the end, and results are considerably different to each times i logged this. THIS IS AN OFFENSE!!
d3r3l1ct

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 01:07:16 am »

Why can't Plusnet just not charge for over usage activity, and instead block customers of exceeding it, for the benefit of the customer. They won't and it's because of all this they won't, it's a simple solution to a lot of annoyed customers. Not only that, when they switching me over to a faster connection, i received the slowest speed ever, it was slower than dial-up, ten days they left me like this, then they told me i would receive up to 6 mbps in speed, after the 10 days it was at 5.33(fair-play)but only for a week, now i only receive 4.20 mbps, i knew it was too good to be true, i have queried this countless times, and they will only blame it on my equipment, which was purchased from them originally. They have had me take my socket plate off countless time to connect through the test socket, and I have had two engineers out to investigate my premises with the threat of a 60 charge, luckily the engineer said it wasn't me but Plus net's exceptional and overly used excuse "THE EXCHANGE", they charge me for a B.T engineer, B.T own Plusnet anyway, and a BT engineer lives next-door to my exchange anyway!   
Oldjim

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2012, 10:10:23 am »

First - if you set the extra usage to zero then you won't be charged
Second - if you hit the limit you aren't blocked but just have your speeds restricted to 256kbps up and down which allows normal browsing
Third - the charge is by BT Openreach on Plusnet and it is (I believe) about 120 but Plusnet only pass on the lower amount. This charge is only applicable if the fault is in your property and providing you have carried out all the requested checks there won't be a charge
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: