Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » Email problems
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Email problems  (Read 1470 times)
glloyd

« on: July 19, 2007, 10:53:48 am »

Since I changed my default email address last night I'm having all sorts of problems receiving mail. Testing from my gmail account the odd email gets through but on some the mail gets bounced with the following error and most gets lost all together. This happens to either of my two domain addresses or the default email address.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

George@*****.co.uk

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 550 RCPT TO:<George@****.co.uk>

Relaying not allowed

g.lloyd@*****.me.uk

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 13): 550 RCPT TO:<g.lloyd@*****.me.uk> Relaying not allowed.

I raised a ticket 22390640 but not even received the automatic response from that either, Tried phoning support but after hanging on for 30 minutes gave up. What happened up to the fast reponse times?Huh

Regards

George
spraxyt
Usergroup Member

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:50:31 am »

In my opinion there are some serious delays with mail delivery, though (some?) new messages seem to come through without delay.  The mail queues on some of the mxcores appear to be stuck on very high values, which could mean they are delivering mail at the same rate as they receive it, though my ( evil )thoughts are that mail is stuck.  There have been numerous service status reports of mail delivery problems but the last update was early yesterday evening.

The last spam message I received took 24 hours from receipt by PN to get to my (spam) mailbox - that's not a problem but just causes unease that other mail is stuck somewhere.

With regard to the 550 errors from mail to your new domain.  That might be an unconnected problem.  When I purchased a new domain (in January) a kind person in CS had to reinitialise my mailbox to make the new domain accept mail.

David
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: