Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Plusnet Customer Service Issues » net connection problem
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: net connection problem  (Read 1508 times)
preacher

« on: June 16, 2007, 08:34:06 pm »

i need some advice from the wise.
the router (Netgear DG834Gt) is connected to the internet. My 2 lap tops connect to the router and the internet fine; They are wireless. My main pc will not access the internet. After repairing the connection in settings it hangs at Renewing IP address.
I have tried disabling this connection and connecting through a wireless divice, this hangs at renewing ip adress to. Some things i have tried. reset the winsock. deleting all firewalls and disabled windows firewall. TCP optimizer, registryfix, xoftspy, patched xpsp2, reset ipconfig, set router back to factory defaults, rolled back all drivers updated over last few months. i have set all the auto ip and dns setting from auto to selective. This gave me connection to the router (said connected) but no access to internet or other comps on lan. CMD ping does not work, nor does anything else i try. i think i would have done the re-format by now but my competative side does not want to be beaten, and it may not solve the problem. any ideas?
jelv1

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 09:34:48 pm »

Are the lap tops configured to use fixed IP addresses or are they getting IP addresses allocated by the DHCP server in the router? If they are using fixed it may be that the DHCP is not enabled in the router (if it's the same as configuring a DG834 it's the Use Router as DHCP Server in LAN IP Setup). You could also try giving the PC a fixed IP. If you do make sure you adjust the IP range in the router and give the PC a number outside the range.

I've attached a screen shot of my configuration. I allocate fixed IP's to my PC's starting at 192.168.0.100

If the laptops are using DHCP, you could see if IPCONFIG /renew on one of them successfully gets a new lease from the DHCP server.

jelv
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: