Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » PlusNet Shop Closed - For Now
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PlusNet Shop Closed - For Now  (Read 15367 times)
lmartin

Comms Team

« on: April 07, 2007, 09:18:18 am »

You may have noticed that the "Shop" link has disappeared from the top of all the PlusNet Portal pages.  Well, this week we took a decision to temporarily close the Shop, in favour of focussing on our other Product Development Plans for 2007.

We have a lot of exciting products and services planned for 2007 / 2008, so we're focussing all our resource on working on these upcoming innovations and new developments for our customers.

The PlusNet Shop will probably be back, in a new format, later on this year or early next year - so all is not lost!  Existing customers of the Shop will continue to be supported via http://help.plus.net

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
Oldjim

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 09:23:19 am »

Just a thought - as your new owners already own Dabs as well as having a BT shop - well the possibility is obvious  smiley
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 09:26:44 am »

Hmm - that is true.  Not a reason for closing the Shop though smiley

If we do end up partnering with dabs, I think it'll be a good thing.  When I last ordered from them, pricing was very competetive and their support used to knock the spots off of some other similar companies out there.  We used them for most of our IT stuff at my previous place of work.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
Oldjim

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 10:29:26 am »

There must be a difference if you are a trade customer as Dabs after sale support for retail customers is awful
cogilvie

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 10:53:19 am »

Never had any problems with Dabs after-sale support as an individual, I must admit...

Colin Ogilvie
Application Developer
Plusnet
Oldjim

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 01:24:20 pm »

You must be one of the fortunate few.
My experience is that if things go wrong they are very unhelpful and I am not alone http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-847.html
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 04:42:30 pm »

Can't say they are one of my favourites...

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
bud
Usergroup Member

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 10:19:39 am »

Dabs customer care for retail customers was dire the last time I had to use it (2003).  They would say one thing in an email and then deny it in the next email.  Ended up around 20 quid out of pocket for delivery charges on faulty goods, and they stopped replying to emails requesting it to be sorted.
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 10:35:59 am »

Never had any problems myself, suppose it must just be patchy customer support, some good and some poor reps. undecided

How about e-buyer then?  Mabye the'd do you a reseller deal.
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 02:18:01 pm »

I think we still manage Ebuyer's domains and some of the hardware we supplied way back in the day came from Ebuyer.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
Matt_2k34

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 12:38:50 am »

Ebuyer - dont get me started... angry

Dabs, been alright but i used them way before BT buyout and prices / support wasn't great.

Aria (good site) not very cheap normally but they no fuss and sort stuff out damn fast.

Novatech(my 2nd fave) not as cheap as other places, support is good, has forum if anything goes tail over face,

OCUK (my fave! ) cheap, fast delivery, good prices and high end kit. lovely  :mrgreen:

I did like the look of PN shop, however OCUK tend to have a hell of alot cheaper to be honest.

-----------
=)
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 12:44:08 am »

Aria (good site) not very cheap normally but they no fuss and sort stuff out damn fast.

You say don't get me started!  Well don't get me started on aria.  I bought a Dell 19" Widescreen monitor from them last year.  It didn't work.  Not only did they want ME to pay to have them collect it when it was their own fault - their call queues were approximately 50-60 minutes before I got through to anyone.  And every time I got through to the same person (Chris?) so I guess they only have a single person manning the phones!

Novatech(my 2nd fave) not as cheap as other places, support is good, has forum if anything goes tail over face,

Agree with you on this.  Bought a PC from them a few years back.  You're right - they're not the cheapest, but support since has been superb.

Not bought from OCUK.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
Matt_2k34

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 12:59:02 am »

Highly recommend OCUK wink been eyeing up a new d-link (draft)wireless n modem router smiley

the d-Link 504 has served its time well (i believe PN were endorsing it when i signed up! smiley )

Havn't used aria in a while, cant stand their new site, nor the obsession with 'lucy' on their forums...  rolleyes although last time i called i think i was on the phone for about 15 mins before  the call was answered, but the guy was pretty useful... must of been in a good mood smiley    --   Ebuyer support was *alright* until they sent the wrong product to me FOUR times. i wasnt impressed, ( A Vapochill Heatsink, if anyone cares, kept sending a 939 when im on a Skt 775)

oh well.  shocked rolleyes their loss... laugh

*edit* just noticed this fellas. might wanna remove the link ?? under Sales & Orders, (my mouse disappeared from the SS... unusual! Smiley )

« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:53:31 am by Matt_2k34 »

-----------
=)
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 08:48:29 am »

Why?  It's help for undelivered orders and returns.  Since the shop only closed recently both are still valid problems.
Oldjim

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2007, 09:26:30 am »

My current favourite is Scan as their support is excellent although prices may not be the lowest.
Pages: [1] 2
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: