Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » Lee Strafford
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Lee Strafford  (Read 14415 times)
ianwild

Not to be confused with Mike, Wildmind.

« on: March 05, 2007, 04:58:16 pm »

Today we announced to staff that Lee Strafford, our CEO, is no longer with PlusNet. Lee was instrumental in growing PlusNet from a small ISP in Sheffield into a nationally recognised brand, and oversaw the acquisition of PlusNet by BT earlier this year. Neil Laycock, who has been with PlusNet for 3 years, will take over the position of acting CEO with immediate effect.

Everyone here is focussed on delivering on our plans for 2007, which are aimed at ensuring that as an ISP we are providing the best value to our customers, along with a great customer service and a network that performs reliably and is scaled for future growth.

Regards,

Ian

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Support
pboroplus

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 02:39:13 pm »

Guess the next announcement will be "Lee Strafford takes up his new position as CEO for BT". (maybe)
strokedriver

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:12:53 am »

Not according to today's Financial Times which reports "BT dismisses PlusNet's chief executive and CFO".
The article includes "People familiar with the company said Lee Strafford, cheif executive, and Neil Comer, finance director of PlusNet, had been accused by BT of plotting to start a rival business. The two executives deny any such plans and Mr Strafford is understood to be considering legal action against BT."
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 12:57:44 pm »

From the Independant Linky.  The story suggests LS was given the order of the boot by BT, but that it may have been unjustified and that LS may take BT to court over it.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 08:28:10 pm by northbritish »
Ultra

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 08:17:18 pm »

Why not put a precis, as strokedriver has done (which might have been from reading a paper copy, else a link would be nice), so people know what article pointed to covers, ie backing up something posted, or a different aspect, or outright denial.  I've seen mention elsewhere of the Independent covering this story, but don't remember the gist of the story... 

Just wanted to add my 2p about someone posting a link with no other comment either way on what it was about...
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 08:24:11 pm »

Fair comment, I'll edit it.  I was on my lunch and going through a pile of websites and fora very quickly and forgot I'd even posted it here.
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: