Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » Plans for 2007 : Next-Generation Network Trial
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Plans for 2007 : Next-Generation Network Trial  (Read 31604 times)
godsell4

« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2007, 08:22:42 am »

For me, it seems web pages are loading noticeably quicker I have yet to see the Fasterfox plugin show a page taking longer than 5s for well funded websites like BBC, Google News, etc.

I have not been gaming yet, that will be tomorrow or the weekend.

SW.

BBYW1/10GB
jelv1

« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2007, 11:48:28 am »

This is currently referred to as a trial which implies that at some stage the trial will end.

How long is the trial going to run for?

What happens at the end of the trial - will we lose the plusdsl2.net access?

jelv
JBailey

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2007, 10:11:20 am »

No plans currently John.

If we were to remove plusdsl2.net access, we would ensure that multple weeks notice were given.  Anyhow, there's no set date planned.

Kind Regards,

James Bailey
Complaints Manager
Plusnet
geezer

« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2007, 11:58:46 am »

...Speeds

I havent noticed any real difference with http and ftp etc. For comparison some tests I did last week.

FTP on the RIN platform

FTP on the PlusNet platform.

Obviously the FTP tests weren't carried out directly from PN webspace as they are amazingly limited to 64KBps. rolleyes
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2007, 12:11:23 pm »

Obviously the FTP tests weren't carried out directly from PN webspace as they are amazingly limited to 64KBps.

OT, I know, but we're looking into reviewing this.  It has, however, been like this for a very long time.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
geezer

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2007, 12:20:16 pm »

Obviously the FTP tests weren't carried out directly from PN webspace as they are amazingly limited to 64KBps.
... It has, however, been like this for a very long time.

Not something one should be using as an excuse.
jelv1

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2007, 01:17:59 pm »

But nothing to do with the RIN trial - I would suggest that if you wish to discuss this you should start an appropriate topic in the PlusNet Network and Technical Issues forum

jelv
geezer

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 09:39:44 am »

But nothing to do with the RIN trial - I would suggest that if you wish to discuss this you should start an appropriate topic in the PlusNet Network and Technical Issues forum

Since when did I imply that I wished to discuss this only made a comment on someone's FTP speeds? I merely responded to the statement and that is all.
jelv1

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2007, 10:10:51 am »

Since when did I imply that I wished to discuss this only made a comment on someone's FTP speeds? I merely responded to the statement and that is all.

I rather think I quoted the wrong post with my comment. I should have quoted:

Obviously the FTP tests weren't carried out directly from PN webspace as they are amazingly limited to 64KBps. rolleyes

Which would have made the justification for

totally clear.

jelv
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: