Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » Plans for 2007 : Next-Generation Network Trial
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Plans for 2007 : Next-Generation Network Trial  (Read 31631 times)
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 11:39:47 pm »

It may be 3 or 4 years before everyone will access that, although for some on the big exchanges it will happen sooner (Read, those on exchanges which already have LLU*).

Some of the smaller exchanges like mine are getting 21CN quite early, no chance of getting any LLU here ever but 21CN is scheduled for next year.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 11:43:03 pm »

In some ways I can see why theyve done it - particulary when I found out last week that some exchanges still only have 8-10Mb on the VP backhaul. rolleyes

Some of the subtended ones? I think we've got plenty of capacity at my exchange with its 1 DSLAM but all the little exchanges around us (and there's about 6) are all subtended and probably don't have much more than 10Mbps links. Should ask my brother in law as he's a BT fibre engineer.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
scarymonkey

« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 11:46:35 pm »

Some of the smaller exchanges like mine are getting 21CN quite early, no chance of getting any LLU here ever but 21CN is scheduled for next year.

My exchange is due to get 21CN early next year too, though it has just managed to get Sky as its first and only LLU provider.

Vince Marsters
dhookham
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 11:48:19 pm »

It may be 3 or 4 years before everyone will access that, although for some on the big exchanges it will happen sooner (Read, those on exchanges which already have LLU*).

My exchange was pretty quick to get the LLU brigade on board, but is currently wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down the list for 21CN.

It's the PlusNet Way
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 11:49:05 pm »

What will the capacity split up/down be on the new system?  IIRC at present upstream is 50% of the down on the centrals.
godsell4

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 05:58:49 pm »

The SIN document on the BT website http://www.sinet.bt.com/sinlist.htm shows that Central Plus, which I suspect is another name for RIN! Needs to be bought as an initial 1Gb of bandwidth ... have PN done this? So 1Gb shared between 30K PAYG users wil be pretty healthy in the short term ... ?

SW.

BBYW1/10GB
morrisinc

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 06:02:39 pm »

I can't see BT really changing DLM at this point. It's a shame, because it is really frustrating and a support headache. Tiscali give us an API - We could almost let customers choose their own synch configuration via our portal. BT haven't got the same tools, and to be honest I expect it more likely that the next big change will come in ADSL2+.

Ian, what setting can you set via this API?  Target SNR etc?

Phil
dtomlinson
Plusnet Staff

« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 10:12:37 pm »

We have a list of about 30 line profiles which allow us to set a combination of target SNR to different values as well as the sync speed and whether interleaving is on or off.

Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
PlusNet Support
jelv1

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2007, 10:55:14 am »

A copy of a post I made to the portal forums -I'd like to know what is happening with this.

When are the trials going to begin? The email we've all received said "In the next few weeks" - what does that actually mean?

Will this be done in batches as the necessary login details are given to BT to add in the the radius servers used by RIN? If so how are the users to be put forward for the trial being selected? Will you be setting it up for many users who have no interest in trying it?

Why not initially make it an opt in like MaxDSL and then you know the users you set it up for are going to actually give it a go.

jelv
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2007, 11:11:25 am »

What we're doing is placing modify orders on all PAYG customer lines to enable access to a new realm.  We expect this to take around 2 weeks based on staggered batches submitted to BT.  Once all of these have been completed, we will send a further email.  We expect this to be early-mid next week.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
jelv1

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2007, 11:30:53 am »

Will that be something that shows up in https://www2.bt.com/business/ordertracking ?

jelv
scarymonkey

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2007, 11:53:51 am »

It didn't for mine, although around that time there was the automatic 'IPStream to LLU' BT backend order that everyone should get soon if not already.

Vince Marsters
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2007, 12:12:08 pm »

Yeah, I don't think modify orders show up on there.  You will however have a closed Service Notice generated on your account to flag that the account has had the modify order placed.

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
kitz

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 04:45:29 pm »

Nope - didnt show up on mine either.

The IPStream to LLU is totally unrelated - mine shows up a fair few months before.

29 Nov 2006  PROVIDE  LLU LINE SHARE PSTN  1 

Dont forget the Geeks!
kitz 2005
morrisinc

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 06:09:39 am »

We have a list of about 30 line profiles which allow us to set a combination of target SNR to different values as well as the sync speed and whether interleaving is on or off.

Hi Dave, does any of these profiles have target SNR below the default 12db?

Phil
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: