Home   Help Search Groups Login Register  
You are not logged in. To get the full experience of these forums, we recommend you log in or register
Plusnet Usergroup » All Users - The Open Forum » Announcements » PUG goes Paxman - 4 more video interviews!
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: PUG goes Paxman - 4 more video interviews!  (Read 5816 times)
wildmind
« on: January 27, 2007, 07:52:48 pm »

In early January, the PlusNet UserGroup descended on PlusNet towers to conduct a series of video interviews.

With the BT takeover being foremost in many peoples minds, and being a pretty good bet at the time, we spent time asking about the future for PlusNet and all of its customers.

We also asked about the troubles of 2006 and how they are being addressed, and where new developments will take us in 2007.

The videos can be found here.
mrmojo

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 08:27:58 pm »

Resolution's a bit on the low side.
wildmind
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 08:32:56 pm »

The price that has to be paid for keeping filesizes to a reasonable level.
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 11:38:48 pm »

You could have made a high res version available via bittorrent. grin
mrmojo

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 02:08:08 am »

The price that has to be paid for keeping filesizes to a reasonable level.

Yea, but when the audio quality is so poor being able to see people's mouths makes all the difference to it being a chore to watch and fairly watchable.
glloyd

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 11:17:42 am »

I had no problems hearing the dialog although I would suggest a remote mike would help in future. However, congratulations on well carried out interviews and well done to the staff who were open and honest.

Regards

George
wildmind
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 11:31:29 am »

Thanks George.

Just to let you know - my visit to PN was planned VERY last minute as we wanted to try and get it in to get the timing right for the initial "suspected" date for the BT announcement.

The Mic situation is a pain and I understand that PN are looking at resolving that (we use their camera as I haven't got one of my own - and Liam does the camera work for us) - so hopefully next time we should get it right.

The important thing for us on this occasion was to try and get these done in time for the BT takeover - which sadly meant compromises had to be made.

If I get a chance I will do some higher res versions (mojo isn't the first to ask Wink) but it all depends on how much time I get to do the encoding.
wildmind
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 12:59:25 pm »

Hmmm hi-res videos are going to take a very long time to encode.... currently taken over 90 minutes to get 3/4 through the Ian/James one.

Then I've got the fun of uploading them Wink
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 01:09:08 pm »

I've got an HD telly I can hook up to my PC so I'm waiting on the High Def interviews to become available.
lmartin

Comms Team

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 01:36:59 pm »

smiley

Yes, I'm going to get hold of an External Mic in the next couple of weeks!  These were done at a bit short notice. (Mike called me 24hrs before).

Liam Martin
PlusNet Comms Team
NB
Usergroup Member

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:45:04 am »

One like this perhaps? Link
Pages: [1]
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: